Third vs Barts

luka

This is the thread for this personal rivalry so it doesn't spill over into threads where it's not welcome

luka

Two young people who are wonderful and clever and I love a lot. Neither is "right" let's keep it corralled

sadmanbarty

there isn't a rivalry.

i'm happy to see third flourish. i made his top 100 thread. when he expressed distress at it not being more valued i made efforts to keep it going and explore the conversations he introduced in it. i've been his biggest champion ever since he showed up. i can't stress enough that i don't have any rivalry with him.

we had a little bump before and a couple of posts exchanged just now, but it's nothing to make a big deal about. essentially i felt like no matter what i did- however innocuous- it would get on the wrong side of third and it would stifle threads and conversations (what i reffered to as 'tom and jerry'). he felt like i was genuinely contemptuous of him, that i belittled his intellect and values.

we had a chat and it's all cleared up now i think.

luka

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, and for structural engineering reasons I can't take sides, it's spillled over into webbies thread and that is unacceptable.

Leo

you guys are great: an entirely new kerfuffle emerges and is resolved in the time that I stepped away to have dinner. chop chop!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
two things:

1) there was never any rivalry between me and barty. there is still not to this day. on the web esh thread, i was initially laughing at barty's mumble rap jamaica corellation. you then barged in and made a huge deal out of it, but this was like web esh laughing, aghast at barty proclaiming that Migos were the greatest since Rakim.

I have a lot of love and respect for barty, i value his contributions, i just find them hilarious most of the time. I can't help that. I imagine he likes playing up to that circus clown image a bit. fair play, we all play up to certain images on here, that's part of the charm, I've done my fair share of playing up to wannabe hardman image.

2) Luke I'm getting absolutely fucking sick and fucking tired of you wanting to micromanage the music forum. look some of us didn't have the best relationships with our fathers. it's not fucking amusing, it's not fucking occult, and most importantly of all it's not magical, it's just edgelord posturing. as someone from Stratford this is beneath you. stop it.

I hope I can speak for everyone in saying that we admire all aspects of your personality. your mysticism, you're intelect, your associative thinking, joining dots that other people would never think about. you're truly a postmodern blender incarnate and that's something to take great pride in. you massively stuck to your guns with this forum when it was in the doldrums and really put a huge amount of effort into revitalising it. noone (absolutely noone) can take that away from you, even if they dislike you. that's just objective fact.

However it's gotten to the point where you're focused more on holding onto the gear stick for dear life than driving the car elegantly. let the forum breathe a bit. let the harmless aggression between friends come out a bitt, newcomers will find that far more inocuous than all this conflict resolution stuff. which is not more feminin, in some respects it's far far more masculine than the very male-centred banter we have on here.

So yeah, I'm feeling a bit fucking bitter towards you today, and I'm one who really can indulge your propensities.

Just breathe, chill out a bit, don't try court disciples. that game is getting old now. it's long passed its sell by date. let the game end on a high. it gave us much amusement, opened up new avenues to explore and connected us in ways that weren't so apparent before it. For that you can absolutely take a bow. just don't flog it like a carcass. then it will all end up cringey and the forum will die, no matter how much you try and artificially electrify it.

cheers.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
Is everybody feeling a bit bruised and sensitive this morning?

Come on fellas, we're all in the same gang. If we're disunited, the others will win. Don't let the Stelfox dig be true.

luka

Is everybody feeling a bit bruised and sensitive this morning?

Come on fellas, we're all in the same gang. If we're disunited, the others will win. Don't let the Stelfox dig be true.

Stelfox passive aggressive assault

luka

It's not micromanagement though or edgelord it's just frustration. Everything caught up in the same vortex.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's not micromanagement though or edgelord it's just frustration. Everything caught up in the same vortex.

well maybe you need to let the vortex just peter out rather than taking a sledgehammer to smash a spec of dust.

Your inventing a beef that isn't there.