Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: axe the thank you button

The anonymity is essential or you don't get tags. It lets people have a pop without a comeback. Very vital.

I get my fair share of snaps and I'm happy with it. I think it's good very empowering for the people. It's like graffiti that appears on a wall. G. Davis is Innicent. Free Nelson Mandela.
    Last edited by luka; 01-09-2019 at 03:06 AM.

I love the tags tbh. The anonymity makes it even funnier as you just end up with this barrage of ridiculous and disconnected phrases attached to the discussion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

version is an anonymous arse, version is awful, version was not the culprit, version's knob dissapears like his posts, versions got a microwinky

I can't really think of any I've seen that have been outright nasty, they all just seem silly and made in jest to me. I don't get targeted very often though so I guess it could be different if you kept seeing yourself mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyHead View Post
    I'm also for eliminating the whole board
    That's an easy thing, just don't pay the hosting fees any longer (I guess there is such a thing).

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    It is all those things, but removing it won't make engagement here better. In the other place before they had "likes" you just got one line posts saying "agree".
    I remember the most tedious "co-sign".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to firefinga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    version is an anonymous arse, version is awful, version was not the culprit, version's knob dissapears like his posts, versions got a microwinky
    gaslit by version
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I can't really think of any I've seen that have been outright nasty, they all just seem silly and made in jest to me. .
    this is it really.

dissensus is split between users who assume that weíre all one big group of mates who are familiar and affectionate with one another and thus can be quite loose and open those who donít share those assumptions. thats where you get this divide between those who get offended and those of us who are blindsided and baffled when people get upset.

in my grumpier moments of course i characterise other's reactions as being illegitimate and even disingenuous (though to be fair this is usually in response to people laying the blame solely on one side of a given spat). thats not very good of me.

given that it's by and large the newest arrivals who revel most in the chumminess, i wonder if the tentativeness and cautiousness of other users is a holdover from older incarnations of dissensus when there were more users (so it worked less like a friendship group and more like a public space) and where (it seems to me) genuine nastiness and animosity developed between users in a way it hasnít during my tenure.

donít know what the solution is. i donít think itíd be particularly desirable to make dissensus less personal and its always a stupid idea to tell people not to take things so negatively. it might just be that we have to live with the fact that every few months thereís a bit of a blowout. possibly we should be more aware of who you can be open with and who you canít, though itíd be sad and exclusionary to divide the forum like that (and often the things that upset people are so incomprehensible and unforeseeable to the offender that this might not be possible).

doesn't matter too much right now though, dissensus has been great in the last few days.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
    I remember the most tedious "co-sign".
    THIS
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

People liking their own posts are creepy, though.

but with luke it's totally on brand and hilarious
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule