• Mortal Kombat

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tekken

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Street Fighter

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

muser

Tekken, probably the least cool of the three but I can do some mad shit with Yoshimitsu

droid

SFII turbo forever.

Killer instinct on par with Mortal Kombat. Virtua Fighter 2 was superior to Tekken. King of the fighters for the technicals.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Street Fighter 2 was the one that just blew my mind. I never had it but two others in my village had a SNES and they used to play it all the fucking time and I used to go round there and play it too - though never enough to get any good at it. I remember when Gavin was getting it for Christmas but he found it in the cupboard and we used to get it out and play with the controllers still wrapped in cellophane when his dad was at work cos we just couldn't wait.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Love the arcade, but the SNES version was actually better.
Yeah, it certainly wasn't worse. For me that was what was so impressive about it, there was this incredible game in the arcades that seemed so technically amazing and fast and solid... and then suddenly you could get it in your actual fucking home (though not my home sadly) and it was just as good, if not better! That was a game changer - no pun intended.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was watching ultranerds playing Street Fighter V on Twitch the other week, it's highly compulsive viewing.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Honestly check out SFV if you can the animation alone is brilliant and the game is dauntingly deep but as addictive as ever.

luka

Something happened with these games where they go hyperspeed epileptic fast twitch reflex supercombos lights flashing and going all mad. That was one of those I think I'm getting old moments.

luka

Too complicated. Mind you I've got a mate a year older than me who's still deeply into street fighter two. Reminds me of Craner in that specific sense. That his old loves never die, they're still as special to him now as they were in 1992

droid

SF II turbo is a pinnacle. Its perfectly balanced, strategic and not too complex, but deep enough for endless play. None of the successive iterations beat it regardless of the bells and whistles. I used to drag the SNES out for post hillwalk contests. One of my pad ports is broken now though.

luka

I still remember little bugs you could exploit. For instance standing right in the corner against zangeif and just jumping up in the air and kicking his big fat head every time he approached.

droid

My favourite glitch was Guile's handcuffs. Medium throw then a quick flash kick and you freeze and attach your opponent.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was playing SFV last night. It's mind boggling how many moves you can do.

Bloody good fun tho

I was playing as this guy: