Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nature Watch.

i went to the lake yesterday, one a bit far out. it was so idyllic! there's still a big nudism movement in east germany so i found this one small opening to the lake surrounded by tree's and forest where every 15 minutes or so someone drove by on their bicycle, undressed themself completely and went for a swim. they'd park their bikes, put their cloths on a small wooden railing, and took a dive. seemed like most came from work or at least did this as a sort of routine.

things that i didn't like: some sort of snake like creature moving in the water, getting stung by mosquito's all over my body and the oddly warm water temperature. berlin is cooking for the last two summers.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i went to the lake yesterday, one a bit far out. it was so idyllic! there's still a big nudism movement in east germany so i found this one small opening to the lake surrounded by tree's and forest where every 15 minutes or so someone drove by on their bicycle, undressed themself completely and went for a swim. they'd park their bikes, put their cloths on a small wooden railing, and took a dive. seemed like most came from work or at least did this as a sort of routine.
    I remember my ex-girlfriend saying how they went to visit some family friends in Sweden. Maybe the best day of her sixteen year old brother's life was when they all went swimming and the family's two hot daughters just pulled their clothes off right in front of him and dived in.

Anyway, nature, my Dad just sent me some pictures taken in the garden. Old men love gadgets and he's recently bought this thing he calls a trail camera that (I think) reacts to movement or heat etc and definitely has nothing creepy about it and which he's set up in the garden. Got some really good pictures... which it turns out I can't upload cos they are Jpegs - is that right?
    Pity cos there are badgers, foxes and deer plus birds, squirrels, cats etc I'm really surprised by the badger cos I've never seen one in that area (in fact I'm not sure I've ever seen one in the wild at all) so it's pretty cool to know that they are going in the garden at night.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    I remember my ex-girlfriend saying how they went to visit some family friends in Sweden. Maybe the best day of her sixteen year old brother's life was when they all went swimming and the family's two hot daughters just pulled their clothes off right in front of him and dived in.
    i was a bit sceptical at first but after a while figured why torture myself and not go and have a try myself. and i have to say it does feel a bit magical being naked surrounded by gorgeous nature and swimming in clear and gentle water. most people were older but there were some young people too. gonna have some more swims like this this summer hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i was a bit sceptical at first but after a while figured why torture myself and not go and have a try myself. and i have to say it does feel a bit magical being naked surrounded by gorgeous nature and swimming in clear and gentle water. most people were older but there were some young people too. gonna have some more swims like this this summer hopefully.
    When in Rome eh? I mean personally I wouldn't want to do it with family friends or similar but with strangers why not?

I've swum in the Rhone as it empties from the lake in Geneva. That was pretty cool, although the current was fierce. I could just about stay level with the bank by swimming as hard as I could. Wasn't naked. I've also swum in the Cherwell, which was impromptu so I was in boxer shorts. It's a fucking filthy river so I was probably lucky not to get about five different strains of amoebic dysentery.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

It's not even midsummer and I've picked well over two kilos of mushrooms already. Mostly really choice species too.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

tunis - kairoane - dissensus special correspondent trip report

a buzzard, a few storks nested on pylons and a couple on the wing, not really seeming to make headway, overtaken by the traffic on the road
    plenty of LBJs no crows or herons, some egrets
    some other small wading birdies sandpipers or something leaving tracks on salt flats, vast salty marshy plains stretching out in the distance like mirages - didn't realise but the road was not that far inland until about 50k or so from the destination
    lush agriculture, farms and scrubby scrub, no rivers to speak of, brown craggy hills as the road turns slightly upwards off the littoral, when we stop to buy almonds at the roadside - which all the passengers spend the rest of the journey remonstrating with the driver and the front seat passenger about, i'm back seat passenger side both there and back
    olives and vines, plots bounded by prickly pear cacti, some in flower & big agaves. scattered patches of purple thistles
    no palms particularly. occasional smashed watermelons on the side of the road at bends, and the smell of melons drifting through the minibus from the heavily loaded pickups in front on the way back to the capital, til we overtake. no aircon, all the windows open - really hot when we slow down, too noisy when we pick up speed to hear the autotuned pop on the radio
    a few lonely donkeys, one with a little bird on it's back, some faraway horses, a couple of unhappy camels tethered outside a roadside butchers small and light coloured, plenty of road dogs, plenty of goats, some being herded, not a cow in sight
    clouds getting dark behind us brought just a few drops of dusty rain on the way back, lightening over the sea in the evening and the heat broke for a few hours

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sufi For This Useful Post: