Thread: Rory Stewart

Default Rory Stewart

What is he?

The result of Willem Dafoe being bred exclusively with himself for several generations.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

I said Willem Dafoe, not Willem Dafuq.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

What film is that from? I've seen Apocalypse Now, Last Temptation, American Psycho and, uh, wasn't he in that awful Madonna-vehicle/Basic Instinct-ripoff, Body Of Evidence? Don't think it's any of those.

Wild at Heart.

Oh yeah, that.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    What is he?
    some sort of orwellian retro-dystopia? he has that old school patrician oxbridge orientalist authoritarianism, but he fags for boris

The MI6 thing is weird:

Rory Stewart concedes career 'gives appearance' that he worked for MI6 - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...d-for-MI6.html

Asked by the magazine whether he had once worked for MI6, Mr Stewart reportedly said: "It's an unfair question", while "his mother, when asked, smiled, and said, 'I wouldn't begin to know'." The article's author, Ian Parker, wrote that Mr Stewart "later suggested phrases that I might use - such as his career 'giving the appearance of' such a path.

"He added that people should have 'the very, very clear understanding that I stopped working in embassies and for the Government proper in 2000'." From then on, "I was no longer part of the system," Mr Stewart told Parker, who adds that "someone in London who is in a position to know told me that Stewart certainly was" in MI6.

Willem Dafoe is good mates with Abel Ferrara. The Pasolini film is ok.

Itís a real shame @RoryStewartUK is out of the leadership contest. It was really refreshing to see someone so passionate about reaching out to non-Conservative voters & doing things differently #RoryWalksOn

Heís not an MP I know particularly well but I do have a great story from when I worked in Parliament for @SeemaKennedy. Our office was next door to Roryís on the 5th floor in Norman Shaw North.

One evening I was working late in the office on my own. There was a knock on the door & it was @RoryStewartUK who told me that he had locked himself out of his office and and asked if he could use our office for a meeting.

I said it was no problem but before I had a chance to say anything else he walked straight across the office and climbed out of the 5th floor window and disappeared.

At this point I panicked thinking that surely he must have fallen and what if people thought I had pushed him 😂

Then, before I know it he comes walking back into my office through the main door, picks up his stuff and leaves. He had somehow managed to scale the side of the building and break into his office through the window.

I have honestly never been more shocked in my life. Looking out of the window there was essentially nothing to hold onto so to this day I have no idea how he managed to do it but I was suitably impressed! #RoryWalksOn