I need some new trousers

Leo

yeah, wasn't directing that at you, I recall our exchange awhile back about shared affinity for stripped t-shirts. I'm the same: not a fashion whore but enjoy looking half-way decent.

luka

Well we've got the supermodel physique Leo, we shouldn't gloat but not everyone is similarly blessed.

Leo

hmm, supermodel is pushing it (more than) a little...more like a bit lanky. but beware, even we can develop a beer belly. I'm thin head to toe but once developed a bit of a pouch in the middle, gotta stay on top of that shit, not a good look. it's cruel that beer plays a role.

luka

I've actually been fairly beefy (by my standards) and beer gutted. I know how it works. The thinner you are the easier it is to get a gut in a way.

Leo

20 years now.

I'm all for a uniform, know people who literally have a closet filled with multiple pairs of the same shirts and trousers, it's almost like they are a character in a graphic novel. nothing wrong with that if you like the look and the style is relatively timeless.

Leo

probably not a wise idea to wear short trousers when hanging out with geezers.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I always wish I dressed better but I can never be bothered to get around to it.

Shopping for clothes is so boring. Getting jeans taken in or whatever.

droid

what is the uniform then?

Plain grey heather t-shirt, second hand plain MHI snopants in grey or some shade of olive. Monotone fleece or hoodie. Nondescript skate shoes or boots. Occasional forays into more technical walking gear. Basically the electronica look of the 90s.

comelately

Wild Horses
The boring but nonetheless correct answer is wool trousers (I do mean 95-100% wool, some elastane is acceptable I guess though wool has natural stretch anyway) - yeah, they do have to go to the dry-cleaners from time to time but if you hang them up, give them a brush and a hot iron then you can get quite a few wears out of them.

Numerous companies sell them and you can get pretty good clearance deals. A lot of the time it's variations on blue, grey and black but other colours certainly come up. Obviously a pinstripe with a t-shirt is a bit of a statement, but they can definitely be worn casually as long as the ankle is tapered a bit (and you can get that alteration pretty easily if it's not already on point).

I actually have machine washable wool flannels but they're a bit harder to come by. Jaeger tried it a couple of years back.

Wool breathes, insulates when necessary (admittedly there is little real winter weight tailoring off the peg), and performs pretty well in wet conditions. It's what a lot of technical gear is made from.

luka

You might be right. Wool and linen. That's my future it seems. Thank you. Sensible advice.

droid

Comelately, yesterday, Luka, tomorrow.

pour-commander-un-z-ro-suppl-mentaire-chunky-tricot-Ea68b1b54f9367ef0ad82a1b8d99c4833.jpg