I need some new trousers

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
what is your style? i'm only wearing sweatpants, not the american dad kind of but with a nice fit.

luka

Yeah id like to but im not a cockney so I cant pull it off. Also dont you get a distinct dick bulge with them things?

catalog

I almost exclusively wear chinos purchased from sports direct. Blood on my legs. But theyve served me well.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Buying trousers in 2019 is bad if you don't like slim fit. I don't like slim fit trousers. How do you feel about them, luka?

luka

Well this is my problem. I'm 6ft tall and have a 31 inch waist and slim fit is just fine for me but I feel in my bones it's time has gone. Everyone's wearing the flappy ones now aren't they? But I can't get on that bandwagon cos I'm too old to be fashionable. So it feels like a minefield

luka

I might get my first anxiety attack if I think about it too much. I'd like some linen ones but then I'm not sure what shoes they would require. I'm outside a lot and I need something for when it's warmer.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Minefield is the word. Clothes shopping right now is pretty fkn harsh. The environment, the fresh faced service people, the trendy music, the lack of appealing items. Is fashion getting really homogenous or what is going on?

Leo

I'm 6' 1" and 31-inch waist, and slim fit are fine, generally not too snug. just stay away from skinny fit and you'll be fine.

as much as I dislike massive global brands, I have to say I've picked up a couple of good pairs of slim-fit demin jeans at the gap. also recently picked up some lightweight summer chinos at h&m that are inexpensive ($35) and slim but not too slim. note that current style is a slightly shorter leg length, so hopefully you aren't put off by trousers/jeans that don't reach all the way down to your shoes in the traditional sense. get a pair of those no-show socks and flash a little ankle while composing poetry-on-request.

droid

Get something practical, tearproof walking trousers with knee and ass reinforcement, that way when the rapture comes you can scavenge through the ruins in style.

Leo

no one older than age 22 should wear skinny fit, they are indeed over. nothing wrong with slim fit. they aren't glaringly "stylin' ", just a clean modern look, they just do away with the droopy bits. at your height/waist size, it doesn't sound like you have any droopy bits to worry about.

sufi

lala
My style choices are greatly simplified by only going for heavily discounted clothes, as someone mentioned above it's a stupid market these days and everything is hugely overpriced (compared to the sweatshop rates for the producers) rocking corduroys in summer is a great look 🔥

luka

The ankle thing is REALLY putting me off. I haven't tried wearing those ankle trousers yet. Freaked out. Plus English ankles are disgusting all pale and hairy. It's not like a sexy Italian ankle is it lets face it. English ankles should be banned

Leo

Guess I meant skinny fit. Wtf even is that?! Peak metro?

yeah, skinny jeans are the ones with less denim in them, mostly stretch material that looks more like leggings than trousers. they look pretty ridiculous on any male.

a few people have mention how expensive things are...sure, designer names are ridiculously priced but surely Uniqlo or h&m are affordable over there. I just think you lot are anti-fashion to the point that you'd complain about anything over charity store prices. :). c'mon, boys, go to COS, enjoy a little bit of style. I imagine craner has a collection of respectable clothes, probably more timeless than trendy styles (as it should be). tea probably does as well, although it'll be just drool-covered dad-wear for him soon (congrats!).

Leo

The ankle thing is REALLY putting me off. I haven't tried wearing those ankle trousers yet. Freaked out. Plus English ankles are disgusting all pale and hairy. It's not like a sexy Italian ankle is it lets face it. English ankles should be banned

LOL...it's not full-frontal ankle, just a peak above the shoe tops. surely you can pass that test.