Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some new trousers

Default I need some new trousers

What trousers should I buy. Serious suggestions only. No funny stuff.

what is your style? i'm only wearing sweatpants, not the american dad kind of but with a nice fit.

Yeah id like to but im not a cockney so I cant pull it off. Also dont you get a distinct dick bulge with them things?

That all depends
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

I almost exclusively wear chinos purchased from sports direct. Blood on my legs. But theyve served me well.

Is this related to the melancholy thread?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Buying trousers in 2019 is bad if you don't like slim fit. I don't like slim fit trousers. How do you feel about them, luka?

Well this is my problem. I'm 6ft tall and have a 31 inch waist and slim fit is just fine for me but I feel in my bones it's time has gone. Everyone's wearing the flappy ones now aren't they? But I can't get on that bandwagon cos I'm too old to be fashionable. So it feels like a minefield

I might get my first anxiety attack if I think about it too much. I'd like some linen ones but then I'm not sure what shoes they would require. I'm outside a lot and I need something for when it's warmer.

Minefield is the word. Clothes shopping right now is pretty fkn harsh. The environment, the fresh faced service people, the trendy music, the lack of appealing items. Is fashion getting really homogenous or what is going on?

I'm 6' 1" and 31-inch waist, and slim fit are fine, generally not too snug. just stay away from skinny fit and you'll be fine.

as much as I dislike massive global brands, I have to say I've picked up a couple of good pairs of slim-fit demin jeans at the gap. also recently picked up some lightweight summer chinos at h&m that are inexpensive ($35) and slim but not too slim. note that current style is a slightly shorter leg length, so hopefully you aren't put off by trousers/jeans that don't reach all the way down to your shoes in the traditional sense. get a pair of those no-show socks and flash a little ankle while composing poetry-on-request.

Get something practical, tearproof walking trousers with knee and ass reinforcement, that way when the rapture comes you can scavenge through the ruins in style.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

yet another example of why we need the "ta" button...

no one older than age 22 should wear skinny fit, they are indeed over. nothing wrong with slim fit. they aren't glaringly "stylin' ", just a clean modern look, they just do away with the droopy bits. at your height/waist size, it doesn't sound like you have any droopy bits to worry about.

They get very sweaty though.