"Emotionally Charged Electronica" & The Ineffable Sadness of Woops

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Lithops did an LP called Didot of which I don't expect to see another copy in my life!

He also released an LP by Don't Dolby on his label Gefriem, same, doubt I'll ever see that again

oi ya cunt i know the richard devine and the lithops don't try out nerd the north london turkish mafia 🔫
🔫

I prefer the Uni Umit album though, like Miles above what Kompakt and those guys did later. ambient glitch pop songs.

woops

is not like other people
oi ya cunt i know the richard devine and the lithops don't try out nerd the north london turkish mafia 🔫
🔫

I prefer the Uni Umit album though, like Miles above what Kompakt and those guys did later. ambient glitch pop songs.

Would not presume - I'd have posted a track of Uni Umit if I hadn't already here, don't want to repeat myself but it is a superb album.

woops

is not like other people
Dymaxion - Verfemsdungseffekt

33. Combines the indie label and the Pierre Henry / E.V.A. vibe which connects to electroacoustics in the past and electronica in the future. Mysterious band this who didn't gig much / ever and I never saw a photo of them. But there was a TVappearance on Youtube when I just checked so perhaps they weren't completely reclusive.

woops

is not like other people
Aaliyah - Try Again (instrumental)

34. You will all know this one so that's why I'm posting the instrumental. Not that I don't love her voice and the lyrics, but when I heard the synths on this I went straight to Virgin Megastore asap to buy the 12". And took my first ever serious step toward the continuum. Suddenly the sounds I wanted, the drums, the synths, were not on underground labels but on TV. This track is reverse melancholy as it has an optimistic lyric over this chilly, robotic instrumental.

woops

is not like other people
UI drive until he sleeps

35. Guitar band plays dance music, basically. Somewhere along the axis that leads (led me) to pure electronic stuff. I don't like that term indietronica there were too many shit people. I always thought it was electronica.

Released on Southern which was a hardcore label I thought.

woops

is not like other people
ICU: Yopparai (The Drunkard Who Fell From Heaven)

36. Much sillier, and of great insult to the continuum value, this album is from the drippiest indie town on Earth, Olympia, Washington, in which indie kids get out the turntables and double bass.

woops

is not like other people
To Rococo Rot + D - Set

37.This indie electronics is getting a bit harsh and almost industrial now! To Rococo Rot did lots of good ones quite a few boring ones, and this EP with D who ran Soul Static Sound and worked in Rough Trade Covent Garden.

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
Which was an indie shop of course. Not Rhythm Division. And I just remembered that Sasha Frere-Jones from Ui wrote the Timbaland piece in the Wire mag.

Woebot

37.This indie electronics is getting a bit harsh and almost industrial now! To Rococo Rot did lots of good ones quite a few boring ones, and this EP with D who ran Soul Static Sound and worked in Rough Trade Covent Garden.

i remember that guy!

bunnnnnn

The long haired guy (that narrows it down) who ran the label Lissy's? Put out a Stereolab 7" and something by Matmos? He initially came across as really sarky and jaded, but he was alright once you got through the barrier. I remember he ripped the piss out of me one time for buying a copy of 'Gimme Punaany' by Admiral Bailey.

woops

is not like other people
Prolapse - Flex

Darryl. There was another guy who worked in there who released:

38. I can remember listening to this on CD for the first time and willing it to last for 15 minutes, which it did to the second.

But of course they were basically a rip off of:

Last edited:

woops

is not like other people
The Fall - Interlude / Chilinism

39. Again it's not guitar rock. You've got the mad interlude which I now realise is almost dubby with the deliberately bad keyboard playing I like to imagine performed by Mark E himself. This is one of their heavier ones as well which is when they are at their best.

woops

is not like other people
Tiger - Where's the Love

40. Via John Peel to this lot whose first singles were very exciting and had a synthesiser on them.