version

tumblr_onphw80h5j1u5h6kio2_250.gif
tumblr_n5oomqyWW61s6vzrco2_250.gif

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
why can't I tag @rudewhy?

oh wait figured out why, cheaky buggery we cater for it @RWY

But yes. Phil Collins is the archetypical rock star in the Elvis Mould. That separates him from Gallagher by a longshot who can hardly hold a tune.

luka

This is like me saying you are not allowed to listen to Phil Collins you can only listen to this this is the real chartered accountant in Surbiton soul

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I don't even like Phil Collins tbh. Just saying he's the best anglo rocker of the 70s and everyone after him pales into mediocrity.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
rock n roll was dead by 1977 at the latest regardless of whether you liked it or not. As a form it was finished. nowhere left to go. This is not subjective opinion its objective fact. The only avenue where the rock and roller groupy lifestyle survived was in heavy metal, but that almost becomes its own thing. The gallagher's were 20 years after the fact. Completely pastiche. By that logic you should prefer pastice jungle over the original.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the other dissensus is on the unlife twitter account and the mentions to it are completely and utterly depressing.

You know the crazy lads with surrealistic non-sequiturs are necessary to a healthy compound.

I don't mind if the other dissensus knew what they were talking about. It's worse that they quote without being able to mock. That is what makes them popstar intellectuals. If the opportunity presented itself I could become a real proper Stanford don intellectual, not one who goes on bbc in our times and wobbles around a bit. The cremme de la cremme. But I don't 'av the money. That's why I can take their material, gobble it up, absorb the good bits, quite literally shit out the rest. I'm not constrained by tenure.