droid

Fuck house. Ban all new music at this tempo. Moratorium on 4 to the floor as well. Worse than rock backbeats and guitar solos. Tired and dull cliches stifling the ears of millions.

luka

Also to create a break in the sense of continuous evolution. To allow for a more radical and wrenching change.

droid

Evolution has stalled. There's just this gelatinous blob of 4 to the floor that's ponderously spreading, sliding under the doors and through cracks in the walls, consuming all genre and hope of innovation in its path and replacing it with the dull thud of the kick drum.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The problem isn't house music, it's that there's no alternative worth shouting about.

The only solution is to make something that's new and exciting.

Has any house music or dance music successfully incorporated the drums of Trap/drill?

You can love or hate Trap but that beat is the modern sound, and I wonder if it's penetrated these other genres (there was that EDM Trap thing wasn't there, I didn't dare listen to it)

luka

The problem isn't house music, it's that there's no alternative worth shouting about.

The only solution is to make something that's new and exciting.

Has any house music or dance music successfully incorporated the drums of Trap/drill?

You can love or hate Trap but that beat is the modern sound, and I wonder if it's penetrated these other genres (there was that EDM Trap thing wasn't there, I didn't dare listen to it)

Sounded like this.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Like speed up trap drums

Sample them like the breakbeats of yore

But this is probably just a typical english music nerd fantasy

droid

House music, and techno, and bass, and all of these humdrum sounds at the same tempo doing more or less the same thing.

Go to a reggae dance and you'll hear more rhythmic diversity in 30 minutes than you'll hear in the last 5000 hours of boiler rooms.

Last edited:

droid

There's many reasons for this of course, but one of them is 120-130 is the 'preferred tempo' of the masses - close to average walking speed, the same tempo as the sound of applause, the heart rate of 'light' aerobic exercise.

Im just saying that we can do better than homogenised gym music.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Was just talking to a mate yesterday about how along with all the other shit going on in the world atm, creativity seems to have really ran dry. When was the last time you saw a new film or TV show that was a truly fresh perspective? Obviously you can go check the Asian film or whatever world and see shit new to you. But at least in the west we seem to be stuck in limbo right now *shrug*

Edit: swear this top of new page thing is not intentional

droid

Ive been to gigs with perfectly good DJ's playing (sometimes) quite good music, but everything is cloaked in this 130 miasma. No energy, no surprises, just an adequate workout.

luka

Like I say, ban music, listening and playing, for five years. That's what's needed. A fast.