The Saga of Goblin Nonce.

luka

Droid says this is a job without perks. And he is probably right. But if we give that up then what remains? Where is God taking us?

luka

Do you want to withhold judgement? Do you want to be god-flotsam, God-jetsam, washed upon the tide? What would that mean?

luka

Part of me thinks we must. And this, I think, is accelerationism. To submit to the onward forward flowing push of history. God-flotsam God-jetsam. Carried by the on rushing surging tide.

luka

And if we don't? What difference? Who will remember? Who will put a marker in the ground? That you resisted time itself? Forgotten. Rubbed out. Never happened.

luka

And yeah of course I like this record You like that one. I prefer the beat which goes booga booga you like the one that goes clickety clack. We will talk about these things.

luka

I am a booga booga man you are a clickety clack man and never the twain shall meet.

luka

I am still squirming on the hook. I am. I am not ready to submit. When I am I will clock out like my dad, yeah nah sorry had enough seen all there is to see in this place moving on.

luka

How old was he? 62, 63? It's enough innit. Sorry had enough. You've got nothing more to show me moving on. Thanks for the memories.

luka

A very great and very powerful man. Luminous. Knew when to call it a night. Hopefully i am his son. Let's see.

luka

Would buckle you in two with a single glance. A pure wavelength of intensity. Absolute power. A good dad. A total cunt. Horrible and childish and impossible. Great dad. Loved him

luka

A hair trigger psychopath. Combustible. Always on the verge of an explosion. What a brilliant man. So glad he was my dad. Miss you dad.

luka

"Life is a game of choice and consequence" that's what he used to say. And I don't need to hear anything else. That is the only thing I need.

luka

I can't convey to you the intensity of his gaze. If you meet me in the flesh you will see a bit of it but mellowed, not as laser focus. A little more provisional. A little more compromised and broken.

luka

My eyes are powerful it's a gaze it's the real thing but it's a generation later a generation further from the source. So that's me. Born 1979. Strange inheritance.

luka

I'm sure you have similar stories. Who was your dad? How well did you know him? Perhaps you never met him I don't know.

luka

He probably ruined your life and crippled you . That's what they do. They wound you. Make it almost impossible to live. Dads.

luka

They are in your very breathing. They are the fear which makes you take such shallow breaths. They are the terror of clenching bladder clenching bowels.

luka

They are the fear which we shape ourselves too. The hairy thick powerful wrist. The slap which makes the flesh smart and tingle.