how do we kill England

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My theory is it's too nice a place to live.

Perhaps there's some sort of happy medium for culture between shithole and too-nice?

Cos not much comes out of the real shitholes either, does it?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Actually that can't be right cos Queensbridge. No offence to Queensbridge but I hear it's no Brighton.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Has anything culturally worthwhile ever come out of Brighton? I like Req One's graf but I'll be fucked if I can think of anything else. Lazy complacment weed smoking student asshole of a town.

Dave Clarke. but he's spiritually chicago ghetto/booty house and hard techno. anyway. he can relocate there.

poetix

we murder to dissect
The Italians are definitely worse than the English, they just peaked too early (the Roman Empire) and are an image of what our post-Imperial decline will eventually look like, only with much better food.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The Italians are definitely worse than the English, they just peaked too early (the Roman Empire) and are an image of what our post-Imperial decline will eventually look like, only with much better food.

Yeah but they had some fucking stirdy-spined communists to be fair. British communists are beyond impotent. one even wonders if some kind of ethnic anti-communist characteristic can be ascribed to the English. maybe the only instance in which biological racial prejudice is acceptable?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was wondering about that when in Italy.

We were the top boys for a while and yet our domestic food is a global joke.

There's probably no correlation anyway.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Yeah but they had some fucking stirdy-spined communists to be fair. British communists are beyond impotent. one even wonders if some kind of ethnic anti-communist characteristic can be ascribed to the English. maybe the only instance in which biological racial prejudice is acceptable?

Going by Doris Lessing's account, English Communism was dominated by the posh, who studiously faked flat vowels but in other respects were not in the least bit interested in their own abolition. I think the English are the furthest advanced of all nations in terms of making class so ingrained and cross-generationally transmitted it feels biological. If we were the subjects of a sci-fi story, it would be "the Uppers have instilled in the Lowers an instinctive deference, of which the Lowers are not even consciously aware...even as they protest the dominance of the Uppers, and complain about their unjust prerogative, they cannot fully imagine a world without Uppers or a world in which Uppers are not, by birthright, finally in charge. The leaders of the most militant anti-Upper factions within the Lowers are all Uppers themselves, who mask the fact lightly to preserve appearances, while fully exploiting the instinctual deference shown to them by the Lowers among their ranks"

poetix

we murder to dissect
Come to think of it, that basically is the plot of The Sentimental Agents of the Volyen Empire

craner

Beast of Burden

Is this because you've been binging on the collected works of Julius Evola?

sadmanbarty

brexit has taught me about the right wing middle class. i had no idea they existed.

i thought all middle class people were like caroline lucas. that's the middle class i've grown up around. artsy, socially liberal, extravagant fiscal policy. middle aged women with short hair. soft spoken men. that's the london middle class. probably scotland too. but i guess there's a whole different breed out there.

the english...