Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how do we kill England

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    why do you and mr. tea hate greece so much?
    It's not the Greeks I'm after, it's the Chinese!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

The Italians are definitely worse than the English, they just peaked too early (the Roman Empire) and are an image of what our post-Imperial decline will eventually look like, only with much better food.

Quote Originally Posted by poetix View Post
    The Italians are definitely worse than the English, they just peaked too early (the Roman Empire) and are an image of what our post-Imperial decline will eventually look like, only with much better food.
    Yeah but they had some fucking stirdy-spined communists to be fair. British communists are beyond impotent. one even wonders if some kind of ethnic anti-communist characteristic can be ascribed to the English. maybe the only instance in which biological racial prejudice is acceptable?
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

I was wondering about that when in Italy.

We were the top boys for a while and yet our domestic food is a global joke.

There's probably no correlation anyway.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    Yeah but they had some fucking stirdy-spined communists to be fair. British communists are beyond impotent. one even wonders if some kind of ethnic anti-communist characteristic can be ascribed to the English. maybe the only instance in which biological racial prejudice is acceptable?
    Going by Doris Lessing's account, English Communism was dominated by the posh, who studiously faked flat vowels but in other respects were not in the least bit interested in their own abolition. I think the English are the furthest advanced of all nations in terms of making class so ingrained and cross-generationally transmitted it feels biological. If we were the subjects of a sci-fi story, it would be "the Uppers have instilled in the Lowers an instinctive deference, of which the Lowers are not even consciously aware...even as they protest the dominance of the Uppers, and complain about their unjust prerogative, they cannot fully imagine a world without Uppers or a world in which Uppers are not, by birthright, finally in charge. The leaders of the most militant anti-Upper factions within the Lowers are all Uppers themselves, who mask the fact lightly to preserve appearances, while fully exploiting the instinctual deference shown to them by the Lowers among their ranks"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poetix For This Useful Post:

Come to think of it, that basically is the plot of The Sentimental Agents of the Volyen Empire

Is this because you've been binging on the collected works of Julius Evola?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

romanball.jpg
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

brexit has taught me about the right wing middle class. i had no idea they existed.

i thought all middle class people were like caroline lucas. that's the middle class i've grown up around. artsy, socially liberal, extravagant fiscal policy. middle aged women with short hair. soft spoken men. that's the london middle class. probably scotland too. but i guess there's a whole different breed out there.

the english...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

The Welsh Middle Class all insist on learning to speak Welsh. It's totally baffling.

And then the only reason they speak it is to show off to each other the fact they've learnt it. It's a weird social code.

The worst offenders inflict it on their children by sending them to Welsh Language schools, which are basically faith schools.

I went to a mate's stag do a few months before Brexit, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, south of Exeter. The further we went into darkest Devon, the more pro-Brexit signs we saw. It was all about immigration. The locals in the rough pub we ended up in, who for some reason took a shine to us and didn't kick our heads in, confided in us their deep hatred of darkies and ragheads. We looked at our shoes and didn't say anything, in the interests of continuing to not get our heads kicked in. This is a part of the country that has barely any actual immigration, where right-wing mythology about waves of shoeless barbarians from the Bad Countries really gets a grip on the imagination, because the imagination is all they've got.

In a moral universe they would have been pulling our legs with all the race-hate stuff, and would have kicked our heads in for saying nothing, but this wasn't a moral universe, it was Devon.

I've talked with Barty about this a fair bit. The sense of having the protect the rest of England from becoming londonised is a potent motivational force. Our thread about Winchester touched on this I think