Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Greece

Seems that some of the stuff I've seen would blow your mind though.

Strongly disagree wuth that reading rich

It's extraordinary. Never experienced this before. Plus classical ruins everywhere. And sun.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

How's Greece doing in general these days? They're often a point of criticism for opponents of the EU.

There's an Athenian artist called Jar Moff who made a trilogy of albums based around the impact of the financial crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    It's extraordinary. Never experienced this before. Plus classical ruins everywhere. And sun.
    Beirut is a bit like this. There's a massive Roman bath complex right in the middle of the city. Here and there you can see modern ruins, too, from the civil war or the Israeli invasion.

Baalbek, to the north, is hands down the most impressive built site I've ever seen. Hard to imagine how imposing it must have been when it was complete.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    If you set your sights low you are gonna be quite easily impresed. And thus happy.
    Look, mate, I'm the Grecophobe around here so back the fuck up.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

ain't it nice though when people make a little chat? it's something i found so pleasant when i visited england, that people actually notice you and engage with you. in berlin, people not only don't care about you, or try to impress you, they will actively make you feel bad for just entering their space or opening up a conversation. walk into a bakery or a restaurant and see the pain and suffering you're causing by having these people get up from their chair and forced to help you. at the same time, i can't really blame them. working service industry is terrible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

But you can make it better by being friendly I'd think. Although I totally accept that people are all cunts. Got a friend from Switzerland and he said the same when he came to visit us in London, we went to our local shop and he was going "In Switzerland they would never smile at you and just chat like that".

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    ain't it nice though when people make a little chat? it's something i found so pleasant when i visited england, that people actually notice you and engage with you.
    Are you sure you were in England?

Other classical / similar ruins and sun hotspots - Palermo (v few tourists), Mexico City

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Are you sure you were in England?
    If I hadn't met you, more than once, in England, I'd assume you'd never been. You've got a weird view of it.

Btw why did no one tell me about the toilet paper issue? Struggling to get my head around it.

I've left Athens and I'm really regretting it. Horrible little island full of disgusting old people in swimming costumes, Americans everywhere. It's like being trapped on a cruise ship. I hate it. Going to try and get back to Athens asap

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Btw why did no one tell me about the toilet paper issue? Struggling to get my head around it.
    My Greek colleague/friend (I know right) actually convinced me that we've got it wrong.

He said if you had some chocolate on your carpet would you wipe it with a tissue?

Still weird though
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.