rave beyond the pleasure principle, rave as sadomasochistic body punishment

luka

Speed is energy velocity intensity without release isn't it. You don't break through.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I haven't heard this yet but I notice in the intro to the mix he mentions speed. Speeds not a drug I've done much of or felt a kinship with but my mates got a lot of Ritalin for his ADD he doesn't use any more and he said he'll give me some if I want it. Is it the key to the third aesthetic? I can see how it might be. Pure stimulation without any cosmic dreams. Just alien inhuman energy.

mix with lsd for best results.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Speed is energy velocity intensity without release isn't it. You don't break through.

you can break the time space continuum and go into psychosis but you don't break through in terms of a theological realisation. psychosis itself can be gnostic though.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
half a gram of speed, 3 grams of skunk and 2 tabs of acid will make for the ideal rave night, all to a soundtrack of darkside jungle, hard techno and alien electro.

luka

you can break the time space continuum and go into psychosis but you don't break through in terms of a theological realisation. psychosis itself can be gnostic though.

This is what my ex meth head mate had to say (also had a number of psychotic breaks)

"Exactjy. But there is a visionary element to the elation that comes when you get a speed high on. And even the fatigue itself can get trippy. Very dark, very quickly. For boys like us-no sweat. We just watch the show. But there are others who it destroys"

blissblogger

I respond to this with pleasure, does that spoil your thesis, Third?

I prefer this Dr Macabre tune even more though

But yeah i wonder do we ever really go beyond the pleasure principle - or are these harsh / punitive aesthetic experiences really just a more interestingly convoluted path to the same buzz

Does what goes on inside the head, neurochemically, actually differ from what's going inside the head of someone listening to i dunno Abba?

Take spicy food - I have a very high tolerance, and quite regularly will put myself through culinary ordeals that edge into the "what is the point of a dining experience that you have to withstand?" / macho extreme zones. But pretty soon, after enough mouthfuls, the brain-heroin starts to pumping and i'm having this floating mystical high.

So it could be that I've just trained myself for this means-to-end, delayed pay-off thing

Is the same thing going on with body-punishment music?

And does anyone ever really subject themselves to things that actively displeasure and distress them?

Even the old pervs in that tabloid story from some years ago, who had a private club where they'd get their foreskins nailed to the floor and their scrotum sacks sandpapered, were still pursuing pleasure in their own way

chava

Neurochemically it's probably the same, it's just a matter of conditioning/curiosity/openness on the side of the listener.

It isn't pleasure or masochism music generates, it's a sense of meaning no matter genre/style:

listen to the guy everyone hates:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
please that guy is nowhere near as intelligent as dissensus he cribs tips off us like so many people we are the real fucking illuminati fam.
:)

Anyway, sadomachismo can be pleasure, but it generally goes against the pleasure principle of rave. it is the vanguard.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
the most revolutionary musical gesture in 2019 is to kill rave. I hate rave. rave sucks! rave is for pilled up lads lads lads lads resident advisor massive. into the dustbin marked middle class trash. let us discover the inner darkness of acid, not acid house but acid as a philosophy.

bliss energy flash blogpost please. rip it up and start again. why hasn't post-rave happened? not post-dubstep but post rave. although i guess that is speedcore...

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I want to hurt people with my beats. I want them to cry, to vomit, to get heart palpitations. I want them to run out of the club screaming or attempt a riot. good. cul the future managers of the industry in waiting. only keep the absolutely dedicated and the headstrong, those who believe music can shatter fear and loathing. just like they did with darkside. only we have an infinite musical archive to draw from. we can drop freaky musique concrete and penderecki in with techno dnb and other genres...