Karakachan
    Samoyed
    Dogo Argentino
    Kangal
    Cane corso

Thai ridgeback
    American pitbull

My favourite breed of dog is 'cat'.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Well I don't disagree but I like watching dangerous dog documentaries on YouTube. I don't actually want to share a world with dogs. I think they are very very bad. Fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Well I don't disagree but I like watching dangerous dog documentaries on YouTube. I don't actually want to share a world with dogs. I think they are very very bad. Fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by George Orwell
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i avoid them. even cross the street when i see them not on a leash. got bitten twice last summer by two different dogs. they're not my animals.

I grew up with a Great Dane, could stand on his hind legs, put his front paws on my shoulders and look me in the eye (I was 6' at the time). could walk him at any time of night in any neighborhood, no problem. man's best friend!

of course, once I moved to an apartment in the city I became a cat person.
    Last edited by Leo; 24-06-2019 at 04:08 PM.

I'd expect dissensians to prefer cats to dogs. Dogs are too intrusive and demanding. They get in the way of reading and listening to Miles Davis.

One of my friends described dogs as being 'like stupid children' which made me bark with laughter.

I don't mind them, personally, although I do prefer cats.

I used to be obsessed with getting a dog when I was a kid, and my parents never caved. Then over the years I grew to love my cat so much that dogs became an afterthought.

I always fancied a Bernese Mountain Dog.

Funnily enough the friend who thought dogs were like stupid kids was accosted by a Bernese Mountain Dog on Hampstead Heath when we were up there tripping on acid. It was so friendly that I could see his heart melt in front of my eyes.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Hampstead Heath is a great place to dog watch.

The one time I've been tripping on the Heath (Parliament hill) it was late at night and a mist blanketed everything. You could see almost nothing but mist and these white hounds, like wolves, white wolves, emerged out of the mists. About 7 of them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

The one time I've been tripping on the Heath (Parliament hill) it was late at night and a mist blanketed everything. You could see almost nothing but mist and these white hounds, like wolves, white wolves, emerged out of the mists. About 7 of them.
    DIREWOLVES!!!!

Aren't those moments fantastic on acid? They become like portents or something.

This is why I was able to understand Yeats at last the day after tripping.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Doesn't this sound like some amazing visionary poem?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Aren't those moments fantastic on acid? They become like portents or something.

This is why I was able to understand Yeats at last the day after tripping.
    Yes. They assume a symbolic weight, as if they are occurring at a higher level of reality. The myth-level. Which I think they are actually.