hardcore jazz from riyadh

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Perhaps the synthesis of this thread and the acid jazz thread, deep cosmic jazz-soul on a 45 I dream of one day being able to afford:

luka

Do a search for poorly titled spiritual jazz. It's a mixture of the kitsch and the sublime. It's funny how people can't tell the difference

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Got it, just trying to gain some clout.

Wish I had my laptop, would have much more to contribute to the thread. Never been good at remembering names and tracks

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"Actually becoming a stateswoman has proved harder. In 2014, buoyed by $2 million in cash, a theme song written for her by Alanis Morissette and endorsements from yoga enthusiasts like Dennis Kucinich and Deepak Chopra, Ms. Williamson ran for California’s 33rd Congressional seat. She came in fourth, with about 13 percent of the vote."

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
A political campaign is also a chance to exhume everything a candidate has said in her career, from all the tweets to exactly what she meant 30 years ago when she called herself a “bitch for God” at a charity event.
“I think it’s fair to say I wish I had never said that. Something was going on many years ago, in a situation that had to do with some AIDS patients. I would open my course with a prayer. There was something we were doing, and somebody was saying, ‘Marianne, I don’t think we should open with a prayer.’ And I said, ‘No, I think we should open with a prayer.’ And I was getting all this resistance to opening with a prayer. And they said, ‘You’re being a real bitch about this.’ And I said, ‘If I’m a bitch, I’m a bitch for God,’” Ms. Williamson said. “I think it was something about fund-raising, and some very chic people in Manhattan who were going to be there. And I just took umbrage at the idea, whatever.”

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Ms. Williamson began leading what she describes as “public ritualistic apologies from white people to black people,” after witnessing a charismatic priest named Father DiOrio lead a room of Catholics in a round of apologies to the non-Catholics for anything they or a member of the church had ever done to hurt or offend.
“It was one of the most emotional experiences I ever had,” Ms. Williamson said. She believes the country could benefit from a national workshop.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
just think about this and try not to laugh with a straight face:

“When it comes to race in America, I don’t believe the average American is a racist. I don’t,” Ms. Williamson said. “But I do believe the average American is woefully undereducated about the history of race in the United States, particularly since the Civil War.”
It’s a tactic she’d like to deploy internationally too.
“If I were president, the world would know that America’s greatest ally is now humanity itself.

This is why dissensus is anti-hippy. we are no friend to murika.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
When it comes to America’s own interpersonal relationships, however, Ms. Williamson would like to see the women — especially the women who support Donald Trump — see themselves as protectors against a threat.
“In every advanced mammalian species that survives and thrives, a common anthropological characteristic is the fierce behavior of the adult female of the species when she senses there is a threat to her cubs; bears, tigers, lions, in the adult female hyenas, the cubs, while they’re feeding, will not let the adult males get anywhere near the food until the babies have been fed,” Ms. Williamson said. “Surely, the women of America could do better than the hyenas.”
Even more!

:crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf:

Last edited: