hardcore jazz from riyadh

sadmanbarty

The Saudi religious police turn a blind eye to homosexuality among unmarried men, because they’d rather they all bum eachother than deverginise the girls.

Sodomy is at the very heart of third’s aesthetic vision.

sadmanbarty

In Iran, maybe the likes of sistani too, they encourage gay people to transition rather than be gay.

It’s why third will always be a Sunni.

sadmanbarty

At some point dissensus as a whole really needs to flesh out and canonise the Islamic aesthetic.

Given how cool terrorists are, I’m amazed nobody’s really exploited that.

Drill’s the closest with its isis-esque visual language.

Future’s 56 nights has an album cover like the isis logo.

We need a lot more of it though.

sadmanbarty

In Iran, maybe the likes of sistani too, they encourage gay people to transition rather than be gay.

It’s why third will always be a Sunni.

When robin Williams died there was controversy on isis twitter because all the western supporters were tweeting saying how much they loved Mrs doubtfire, whilevthe arabic one were telling them off saying it was satanic.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Swing swung swung

A dizzying array of hyper-triplet swinging, elvin jones' snare hand like a furtive pendulum, relentlessly bombarding you with rhythmical data, occasionally breaking the spell with his clattering drum fills like someone pouring a box of brass and wooden statues down a stone staircase. Has to be one of the greatest 7 minutes of drumming ever recorded. Add to that coltrane's war cries for redemtion and tyner's angular vamping, not to mention his tension breaking solo make for a brew so heady, even lemmy wouldn't be left standing. A tour de force. Has any other band ever been so in sync, reached so high? Answers on a postcard.

Too obvious? Gfys.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Have been reunited with my laptop. Can contribute a bunch more now, but maybe the thread's lost it's steam?

A Dingwalls favourite. Would give anything to go back and see people getting wild to stuff like this on a Sunday afternoon. The Jazz dance scene was eaten up by acid house but imagine being on acid with this kind of tackle blasting from a huge system. People flinging themselves around, doing headspins, arms flailing, in the zone.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty

A torrential rain storm of heavy grooving. The pianist ripping apart the time/space continuum. The drummer thundering away, pounding rivets through the sheets of piano wash. And then that beautiful resolution to the madness after the drum solo.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty

Seriously rare Canadian business here. Fred Stone's sprawling modal take on the theme from Lawrence of Arabia. Think Black Classical put it on one of his mixes. Big long moody intro setting the scene for a journey you don't know if you'll be coming back from. Cantering through the desert on your trusty steed. 1:20 you pick up the pace and before you know it, it's full speed ahead. Clouds of dust in your wake. All or nothing.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
From 29 minutes:

Apparently the previous day's gig (first half of that vid) was too loud, so they weren't allowed to use electronics and ended up with this live-band configuration.

luka

Love how patty is trolling the whole thread posting the fluffiest lightest hotel lobby jazz funk he can find!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah it's bringing out the womaniser in me i must say must meet these birds he had repartee with in morocco.

Patty, what's it like fucking a berlin bitch? rundown report.

sadmanbarty

art blakey playing like elvin jones. wayne shorter playing like joe henderson. this was a genuine jaw dropper when i heard it. best jazz song ever (outside of 70's miles).