Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disgusting Food

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Communist Sardine Festival
    Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    half snail half shit-tube
    I think these guys played one of the smaller Glastonbury stages this weekend.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Communist Sardine Festival sounds like a lost Fall album. Or maybe Captain Beefheart or Butthole Surfers, something like that.

A colleague of mine told me he accidentally ate dog while on a trip to China. Apparently the waitress's accent had made 'dog' sound like 'duck'. He said it was big lumps of grey, grainy meat that tasted of the smell of wet dog.

Now I know a tradition of keeping dogs as pets or at least utility animals of some sort has given us this huge taboo about eating them in the West, and pigs are supposed to be at least as intelligent and blah de blah, but I think I would go quite far out of my way to avoid eating dog if I possibly could. I guess it's a bit like an Arab mate of mine who is no more a practising Muslim than I am a Christian but who doesn't eat pork, because it's just not something he does.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

The Builder's Breakfast and Crispy Duck & Hoisin were appalling.

walkers-crisps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I still can't get my head around people who enjoy eating and cooking live animals. There are people on YouTube who films themselves eating live octopus, cutting up live squid and so on. It's awful.
    Looking at you, Japan.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Now I know a tradition of keeping dogs as pets or at least utility animals of some sort has given us this huge taboo about eating them in the West, and pigs are supposed to be at least as intelligent and blah de blah, but I think I would go quite far out of my way to avoid eating dog if I possibly could. I guess it's a bit like an Arab mate of mine who is no more a practising Muslim than I am a Christian but who doesn't eat pork, because it's just not something he does.
    I still can't get my head around people who enjoy eating and cooking live animals. There are people on YouTube who film themselves eating live octopus, cutting up live squid and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    This is the bloke who goes around getting bitten by centipedes and whatnot on purpose.

14:20.

Yeah, he's great. he's gone through the whole Shmidt pain index. I have a mate who has a phobia of stinging insects and I regularly troll him with those vids. Tarantula Hawk may be the best.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    I sampled a deep fried (battered) mars bar at the weekend
    Couldn't manage a whole one, but I thought this was pretty decent when I had it. The balance of savoury and sweet - better than a normal Mars Bar, which has nothing to offset the cloying sweetness.

Deep fried pizza is just beyond my comprehension tho.

That chicken in a can is probably still the worst thing on a thread. There's something so, so wrong about it.

Canned Rattlesnake looks pretty rough.

non-perishables-9.jpg