Your bedroom/flat/house

craner

Beast of Burden
Old fly traps, full, hanging from empty curtain rails. White plastic fan whirring in a dark corner.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Only millionaires have gardens.

Or those who live outside London or bought their houses in the 90s. I have a garden for the first time in my adult life, and I have to say it's great, even when listening to people's bizarre domestics across the garden fences (not often, but disturbing when it happens, cos I'm used to hearing shouting through floorboards rather than the open air)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah you want a field really, don't you. No human contact for miles around. Bliss.

Always some fucker playing Ed Sheeran on their radio when you're trying to commune with the heavens.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
In my case, its greeks playing their godawful pop music at top volume, dancing around barbecued lamb shanks in a circle

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
thankfully no Ed Sheeran. It was drill the other day, nothing i recognised tho

I find other people's music alright, it's just when they're screaming and you're wondering at what point it's going to de-escalate. As I say, a rare occurrence but not a pleasant one

luka

Is that true? I had South Americans blasting out their even worse music for a few years and that made me homicidal. The east Europeans I had next door had some very bad music too and terrifying domestics albeit I never heard the mans voice just the woman screaming blue murder. It makes it easier when you don't understand the language though. The Jamaicans played horrible music too and again, ferocious though one sided domestics. The man, whose voice was never heard, was always referred to as little man. Anyway both women, top of the lungs shouting, which is rare, top amplification, all through the night. Very stressful give me barbecuing Greeks any day.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
We have a neighbour, not sure where, but the man who lives there clearly has a mental illness and occasionally launches into screaming foulmouthed invectives against a person who is either on the phone or doesn't exist.

This is always disturbing, though of course not as much for us as it is for him.

luka

It was constant with those two couples and the stress bleeds through the wall, emotion is contagious. Really horrible. Specially cos those days I still had to wake up in the morning and I needed my sleep.e

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My mates lived in hackney for a while and the upstairs neighbors would regularly start making a racket that sounded like they were either wrestling or ten pin bowling every Sunday. Don't think they ever found out what was going on.

luka

It's very intimate living in flats surrounded by people. In a way I'm lucky in that I'm on the end of the building so only got them on one side and top and bottom.