Your bedroom/flat/house

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Haneke says some interesting things about Austria, the suppression of guilt over the Third Reich. Not sure if they've had the same sort of confrontation with it the Germans did. (Course this might be bollocks but that's what I think I recall Haneke saying.)

My Dad also used to say this a lot. Not sure how much else he has in common with Haneke, mind.

https://www.doew.at/cms/download/a184m/en_war_crime_trials.pdf
"While Austrians within the Nazi hierarchy constituted a minority, their percentage in the killing machinery was disproportionately large. Only a small number
of them were brought to trial after 1945 and not all of them were sentenced.
Until the Waldheim affair in the eighties the involvement of Austrians in
the Nazi extermination machine had hardly been acknowledged inside Austria.
This was partly the fault of the Austrian judicial system, which stopped prosecuting Nazi war criminals in the early seventies. Since 1975 no Nazi war
criminal trial took place in Austria.
Simon Wiesenthal assumes that Austrian Nazis shared responsibility for the
murder of some three million Jews, approximately half the number of Jewish
victims killed during the Nazi regime. Some commandants of the extermination
camps and around 70 percent of Adolf Eichmann’s staff were Austrians"
Also: "Austria regarded itself as the first victim of the Hitlerite aggression and denied all resposibility of the state or its citizens for the crimes of the Nazi era. "

Anyway, sorry, people's flats and rooms.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Germans and Austrians seem to go for the basement thing; Fritzl, Kampusch etc
Could probably do a thing about how different countries have different types of psychos, like all of those South American ones who kill hundrrds of street kids - obviously opportunity is part of it but surely national psyche too.

IdleRich

IdleRich
As for favourite furniture. Two options, both gives. Firstly there was this guy we know (let's call him MisterSloane) who was leaving the country and got rid of all his furniture cos he couldn't take it with him. We were very grateful to get this amazing chesterfield set for just the trouble of moving it to ours - thanks mate if you're reading!

Sofa.jpg

Chair.jpg

Other option is from my grandmother (or Nain as I called her cos she was Welsh) - two amazing art deco wardrobes. The smaller one almost killed the guys from the moving firm trying to get it up the stairs. The larger one just wouldn't fit and we left it in the hall for ages. Came close to throwing it away but it had too much sentimental value, we considered trying to take it apart and rebuild it at the top but in the end we hired a cherry picker thing to lift it over the balcony. Which was ridiculous really cos I don't think they have any value other than sentimental. Still, I'm pleased we did it.

SmallWard.jpg

LargeWard.jpg

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Germans and Austrians seem to go for the basement thing; Fritzl, Kampusch etc
Could probably do a thing about how different countries have different types of psychos, like all of those South American ones who kill hundrrds of street kids - obviously opportunity is part of it but surely national psyche too.

Too hot to be in hanging around in basements in S. America.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I love the quote on the front: "Truly one of the most substantive policy books I've ever read". Remarkable.

luka

The funny thing is when I took that picture it was out on the desk and he tole me and fat Jim he was re-reading it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I want more photos. Craner take a picture of your dirty pirelli calendars for us. 'Exotic' ladies with sand all over their cleavage.

I hope he's got one of these KP Nuts things you used to see in rough pubs, you know where the packets of nuts are attached to this piece of card decorated with a sexy bird in a bikini, so that said bird is slowly revealed as the nuts are removed.

All very Freudian when you think about it.