baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
One of the only times I took mushrooms was June 2005, the weekend before the ban came in - some crusties seemed to be getting rid of all of theirs for a cut price (I think; as if I can remember properly....)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think the only times I've done mushrooms since then have been in Amsterdam, actually. Never got hold of them in the UK.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think the only times I've done mushrooms since then have been in Amsterdam, actually. Never got hold of them in the UK.

Yeah they've got this weird and totally irrational loophole in the law there, so head shops can sell the sclerotia ('truffles') but not actual mushrooms, despite them containing the same active compounds. Bit like how dried mushrooms were illegal in the UK even while it was still legal to grow them and sell them fresh.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah they've got this weird and totally irrational loophole in the law there, so head shops can sell the sclerotia ('truffles') but not actual mushrooms, despite them containing the same active compounds. Bit like how dried mushrooms were illegal in the UK even while it was still legal to grow them and sell them fresh.

They've recently been decriminalised in Colorado

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/05/mushroom-law/589192/

Adding to the reasons why living in Colorado could be brilliant

droid

Truffle kits. Very easy to grow, lasts 8-10 months on the shelf, delivers 50-80gm fresh within 3 days. Costs about €28.

catalog

I'm guessing you were too young to be into this sort of thing the last time mushrooms were still freely available from market stalls in Camden run by intensely earnest skinny white guys with long dreads? (i.e. 2005, if I remember rightly)

Did anyone go to the 'free the mushroom' squat party near tufnel park around this time. I was dancing next to a chap called phoenix. This was the start of pay trance. Afters was at old st roundabout

droid

Inside, they come in a little tub. Way easier than a mushroom grow kit, which are already pretty easy.

The only stuff you have to grow outside are Azurescens and Semilanceata, the Cubensis can be indoors grown in a kit.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
To get hold of acid it seems to me you've either got to be ain with the crusties or in with the upper/upper-middle classes, who can get anything they like.

Those parties you stumble into where they all went to the same school and ski lodge and their cocaine makes you realise you've been sniffing Persil all these years, more or less.

crusties these days but just buy it before rave innit just treat them as a dutty salesman who are selling you a service.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Then again, you also don't know the meaning of air conditioned apartments, so I'm probably more comfortable than you!
Thank fuck for air con, seriously. Made so much difference now we have it.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
not been taking anything for two weeks now. figured it might be good to try out. i didn't even take stuff on a daily basis, but did always binge once or twice a week. anyway, feel worse then ever now. problems sleeping, nightmares, headaches, skin rash. :(

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I feel pretty good being teetotal lately but whenever i start listening to disco in this weather it makes me want to get fuckd the fuck up

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
not been taking anything for two weeks now. figured it might be good to try out. i didn't even take stuff on a daily basis, but did always binge once or twice a week. anyway, feel worse then ever now. problems sleeping, nightmares, headaches, skin rash. :(

Sounds like you need to get back on it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Reminds me a bit of the story about how Hunter S. Thompson went to his doctor about his constant sweating. The doctor asked about his lifestyle so HST described what he drank/smoke/snorted/boshed in a typical day. The doctor then apparently said "OK, well if you ever *stop* sweating, seek immediate medical attention."