luka

ezra pound is just prog rock.

Says a man who not only has never read pound has never read literature of any kind be it science fiction paperback or Shakespearean sonnet! Let's leave this thread to the expert, I.e. Me!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I still haven't found a novelist who is junglist. gibson is kind of techno even though it's his archaic dub fixation.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Says a man who not only has never read pound has never read literature of any kind be it science fiction paperback or Shakespearean sonnet! Let's leave this thread to the expert, I.e. Me!

hey I'm not the beethoven lover here.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
it's a value set though isn't it. yeah i could read pound but what's the point of reading it from the vantage point for which he had contempt for? Beckett didn't, Joyce didn't.

luka

I still haven't found a novelist who is junglist. gibson is kind of techno even though it's his archaic dub fixation.

"You is feeling like you was lost in the bush, boy? You says: It is a puling sample jungle of woods. You most shouts out:" finnegans wake

luka

it's a value set though isn't it. yeah i could read pound but what's the point of reading it from the vantage point for which he had contempt for? Beckett didn't, Joyce didn't.

This is why you don't read literature though isn't it? You are an incorrigible reductionist like all political types. You don't want contradiction and complexity. You want solid Tetris blocks. It's a different universe.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This is why you don't read literature though isn't it? You are an incorrigible reductionist like all political types. You don't want contradiction and complexity. You want solid Tetris blocks. It's a different universe.

no, i just reject the whole great art rubbish. art should be destroyed, really. as should the entirety of politics.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
literally my reading of the nuum is the anti-art reading. mash all the samples together, strain and rinse. make it sound like shit. who wants greatness?

luka

no, i just reject the whole great art rubbish. art should be destroyed, really. as should the entirety of politics.

Who said anything about great art? It's not the 19th century, corpse might think he's Walter Pater but that's pathological.

luka

literally my reading of the nuum is the anti-art reading. mash all the samples together, strain and rinse. make it sound like shit. who wants greatness?

This is Prynne. It's why I keep trying to get you into him because that's exactly his stance I think, particularly later on.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
my problem with pound is he wasn't modernist enough. he was the bohemian modernist type. but i despise those cunts. the progenetors of the nike airs crowd.

Camus was a far far far worse writer technically but he was more modern than Pound.

luka

This is one of the arguments your list made and I find it persuasive. It's a good argument. I'm sympathetic.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
This is Prynne. It's why I keep trying to get you into him because that's exactly his stance I think, particularly later on.

ok im gonna go on soulseek and look for a book of his collected poems because i doubt it's been transcribed into braille.