Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Literary criticism greatest hits

I didn't it was an emotional reaction a snapping a pushed too far breaking point I was registering

Listen, you're right. I'm being obstructive and resentful. I am going to go about my day and hopefully cheer up. I don't sleep well when I'm stoned, beginning to think it's poison.

No worries mate I'm like that a lot too that's why it frustrates me and why I can recognise it for what it is. Stay off the grass

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    I didn't. I named one.
    Oooooh
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

weed is for teenagers. something magic happens when you're 20 and it goes from being this great thing that really sharpens your thinking to something that makes it all mushy.
    I respect islamists

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Shits too strong. It's supposed to relax you, not squeeze a mid life crisis into 3hrs. Nice hash better than grass any day imo.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    Shits too strong. It's supposed to relax you, not squeeze a mid life crisis into 3hrs. Nice hash better than grass any day imo.
    This is totally wrong. There are no half measures. Barry is right. Something changes and you have to accept it. Give up. Grow up. Drugs should never be about 'relaxing' we don't need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Drugs should never be about 'relaxing' we don't need to relax.
    mum was listening to neil young's 'harvest' the other day and it speaks to the worst kind of west coast drug use.

the thing of waking up, taking a bit of coke to get you going, then smoking weed to take the edge off and so forth.

drug use where you're taking a cocktail of drugs intentionally to nullify the effect of each one.

it's music in which you don't get 70's-miles cocaine frenzy nor do you get dubby weed bliss. all you get is the mush.
    I respect islamists

Hash, weed, booze its all the same to me - fucks my sleep up. Which is okay on the weekends but not a good recipe for a productive day.

Actually find my thinking is supercharged by weed.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    This is totally wrong. There are no half measures. Barry is right. Something changes and you have to accept it. Give up. Grow up. Drugs should never be about 'relaxing' we don't need to relax.
    Speak for yourself. Hash isn't a half measure for me. It's simply the better product. It's easier to gauge where you're at with it. If your brain is running too fast then sometimes it feels nice to put the breaks on. The way I prefer to smoke is really tiny amounts of hash per hit and maybe once a day. This way tolerance is kept low and it also seems to minimize the paranoia. May attract mockery from the cool kids tho. But man, a gram can last me months!

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Actually find my thinking is supercharged by weed.
    Yeah, but has to be the right high
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Let's save this for the drug thread.

Just picked up a "Selected Cantos" and happened to open it on the canto described in your photograph. The problem with that photographed bit is it doesn't contain the Canto it talks about! The Canto itself is needed to make the point clear.

It was a bit weird, opening it exactly on that one.

Now, under Luka's influence (in my pile of I shouldn't buy are Pound's Cantos, JH Prynne "The White Stones", Rilke's "Duino Elegies" and the King James Bible!) I'm looking at Rilke's "Letters to a young poet"./:

"Read as little as possible in the way of aesthetics and criticism - it will either be partisan views, fossilized and made meaningless in its lifeless rigidity, or it will be neat wordplay, where one opinion will triumph one day and the opposite the next. Works of art are infinitely solitary And nothing is less likely to grasp them than criticism. Only love can grasp them and hold them and do them justice."

no, read aesthetics. just not the posh kind. no politics without aesthetics. it's just what we've got today. a creaking inefficient bureaucracy slowly driving us to suicide... tea's centrism incarnate in the administrative machine. firey polemic is always necessary. always duck the trend, subvert it, and todays trend is the nauseating putrified stench of love.
    I respect islamists

17. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post: