The Solution

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
If I was a coke kingpin id have a couple of Ben UFOs in every clubnight dishing out powder in teabags

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
1. Big Love David Penn Extended Remix
David Penn, Pete Heller's Big Love

Cutting-edge. Shock of the new.

2. You Little Beauty Extended
FISHER (OZ)

This is quite deeptechy. Quite a nice reese sort of sound in there. I'd rather hear this in a dance than old jazz. But "You got me burning up" still? Ancient.

3. The General Original Mix
Mark Knight

Ragga vox. Or is that latino? Either way the instrumental is boring as fuck.

4. Space Date Pleasurekraft Remix
Pleasurekraft, Adam Beyer, Green Velvet, Layton Giordani

Another sort reesey sound. Typical embarassing house vocal. Pounding techy... Probably pleasant when you're off your face.

Anyway this experiment is over. It's pretty shit. But in my defence, did I mandate that DJs had to play the Beatport top 10?

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is intereesting for me cos I didn't realise how popular this dull tech house with no basslines is. I went to their 'Afro House' section and it was basically the same shit with added bongos and chanting.

"Bass House" is the only one I've listened to that's got bangers and they're a bit dull too. I can see what droid means tbh, although I dunno if tempo is the problem. Depressing.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
did I mandate that DJs had to play the Beatport top 10?

It was a rhetorical flourish, but well done for stomaching that. I guess my vision is for a crate-digging eclecticism that isn't fucking Floating Points. Mad obscure records that never could have been played together at the time, genres and eras smashed together in a spirit of hardcore mindfuck rather than multicultural self-congratulation. Cut up and loop free jazz til it's danceable then fucking scream over the top or something, y'know?