baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
yyaldrin, I love how your curiosity led you to be voluntarily and wordlessly stripped naked in an unknown house full of cult members, blindfolded and led into a basement to meet 'Papa', but you weren't ever curious enough to stream Eyes Wide Shut.

Amazing story.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
At the time of release, critics slated Kubrick for shooting everything in a studio, the general view was that he'd become so isolated from reality that he could only make a very unreal film where the city didn't resemble a real city at all.

Those critics are idiots. Talk about missing the point - it's from a novella called Dream Story ffs!

Amazing film. I always wonder if people who don't like it, actually like cinema at all. Obviously for a few people it would just be a traumatising reminder of past art performances, but that's another thing.

forclosure

All i can contribute to this is one of these days ill get around to watching this movie,my mum saw it at the time and said she was bored out of her skull watching it.

As far as the symbolism i dunno yes the private ritualistic goings on of the rich doesnt seem as far fetched now as it did then but i think thats only because of how wide spread and commonly held the idea that theyre fucking crazy cravenous and insular they are carrying on with esoteric nonsense as ways of indoctrinating people "hazing" as a practise be it politics or high school football teams in america never made sense to me.

Somebody i heard on a podcast kinda summed up my feelings on alot of this stuff in that you hope if these people were leaving hidden messages in things it would be in something interesting but it usually boils down to "the image of jesus found on a piece of toast"

forclosure

As far as Kubrick goes i should get around to watching The Killing and Paths of Glory since ive read a couple Jim Thompson books and he worked with Kubrick on those (more likely Kubrick took all the credit lol)

forclosure

I do know one woman who goes on about this stuff to an incessant degree talking about how the US and Britian are historically two of the most evil places in the world that have all the power and how people dont realise how serious all this shit and SJWs think they can change the world but dont know about whats going on.

One of those "with all the atrocities going on in the world whats your reason for waking up in the morning" types also wouldnt you know it shes joined a cult a while back shes been very forward about it

version

As far as the symbolism i dunno yes the private ritualistic goings on of the rich doesnt seem as far fetched now as it did then but i think thats only because of how wide spread and commonly held the idea that theyre fucking crazy cravenous and insular they are carrying on with esoteric nonsense as ways of indoctrinating people "hazing" as a practise be it politics or high school football teams in america never made sense to me.

Vigilant Citizen and a bunch of the antisemitic conspiracy theorists like to bring up this Rothschild ball from the 70s in relation to Eyes Wide Shut - https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/pictures-rothschild-family/

41.jpg

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's not even a conspiracy theory as such but lately it's become more and more clear to everyone that the rich (or the ultrarich at least) live in a totally different world to the rest of us. Even if they're not at sex parties (and I'm sure some are) they are still being flown around in private helicopters, going to restaurants where most wouldn't be able to afford a single beer, entering buildings - even islands or whatever - we can't access, in all except extreme or unlucky cases being above the law, avoiding dealing with the stuff that we have to on a daily basis simply to live our life and so on. Just completely insulated from life as we know it. And the more we understand this the more these things resonate with us.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I do know one woman who goes on about this stuff to an incessant degree talking about how the US and Britian are historically two of the most evil places in the world that have all the power and how people dont realise how serious all this shit and SJWs think they can change the world but dont know about whats going on.

kinda how it is though innit?

luka

I was with some rothschilds at an illumination ritual on the Thames last night. Everyone ignored me though except for the bloke who lies on the millenium bridge everyday and paints on discarded chewing gum.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't know how I did, really. Probably some of his guests? Also some of my friends are really into UFC.

The Jimmy Dore episode is good, a lot of stuff about the democrats are in many ways just as evil and corrupt as the republicans. Obviously sometimes he has right wingers and outright morons/charlatans on so I've got to tread carefully, as I'm very gullible.

version

Obviously sometimes he has right wingers and outright morons/charlatans on so I've got to tread carefully, as I'm very gullible.

He's definitely a gateway to all that alt-right stuff. The comments under his vids are often full of those types.

version

Anyone been to the Kubrick exhibition at the Design Museum? A mate went the other day and said it was brilliant. People have been posting photos around online.

luka

Anyone been to the Kubrick exhibition at the Design Museum? A mate went the other day and said it was brilliant. People have been posting photos around online.

I tried to. It was on that hottest day day. 37 degrees or whatever. But when I got there I found they had moved the museum.