Quietism

luka

Like I said on the eyes wide shut thread I was ignored by everyone except a little girl called Lux and the man who lies on the millenium bridge all day and paints on bits of discarded chewing gum.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
there's only cunts at launch parties, to me it seems like you got noticed by the only interesting or nice people that were there

luka

But they were all schmoozing, smoking fags and boozing upstairs and I was below deck virtually alone. These comic situations are very frequent when you do these private gigs. I'd much rather be with the 'the people' in my usual spot as a rule but you dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

luka

I agree with your sentiments lads, I'm as much a jacobin as anyone but intriguing to see this obscenity close at hand. What exactly are they playing at? No one was having all that much fun and the 'art' was completely Vacous. If your going to light something up at least make it on a par with regents st at Christmas time. And to what end? Must be some illuminati ritual with a secret significance I guess.

luka

Ai weiwei is completely bound up with the illuminati and geopolitical machinations. The upper echelons. And they throw astronomical amounts of money at these things.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
The point of the elites taking over art is to trivialise it and render it meaningless. Can't be letting mr bloggs get all inspired and full of ideas now can we? And the fact that it's Rothschild and they're calling it illuminate right now, at this point in time shows you just how funny it all is to them. No doubt in my mind.

The point of the elites taking over art is to trivialise it and render it meaningless. Can't be letting mr bloggs get all inspired and full of ideas now can we? And the fact that it's Rothschild and they're calling it illuminate right now, at this point in time shows you just how funny it all is to them. No doubt in my mind.

Our elites are as tedious and exhausted as the rest of us. Their exploits are boring, they're unable to have fun. Have not the wit to make us fear or adore them for they behave as if they are on decades-long gap years rather than striding mightily about.

I need a Nero. I'm holding out for a Nero 'til the end of the night.

Last edited:

Leo

there's a distinction between "art" and "the art world", which is what you're talking about here. same as the difference between music and the music industry.

it's probably tricky being a "serious" artist, how far to you allow yourself to sell out in order to make it. many/most of them start off scrappy, independent, rebellious, DIY...and later when success and recognition start to roll in, they can get sucked into the art world machinations and seduced by the attention and free things (invitation to a week at a collector's summer house in the Hamptons or south of France, a seat on a private jet to go see the Venice Biennale, etc.).

some artist also start to realize the only way they can achieve their vision for a large-scale, significant piece of work is to have a patron, be it a rich collector or large global gallery like gagosian or white cube. there are always strings attached.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Au contraire, HMG. They're laughing it up, canapé in hand. Maybe kind of flaccidly at this point. But most of the groundwork was done well before you or I were a twinkle in an eye, and now all they need do is keep up appearances. Be a Nero. We could do with one.