Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quietism

My god, its worse than I thought.

It's almost like a ritual destruction of money.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Are you making one of those moist Lebanese bowls of breakfast for yourself, with an egg in it?
    This sounds like a weed thing, but then there's the egg, so I dunno.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    dank af!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

The point of the elites taking over art is to trivialise it and render it meaningless. Can't be letting mr bloggs get all inspired and full of ideas now can we? And the fact that it's Rothschild and they're calling it illuminate right now, at this point in time shows you just how funny it all is to them. No doubt in my mind.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    The point of the elites taking over art is to trivialise it and render it meaningless. Can't be letting mr bloggs get all inspired and full of ideas now can we? And the fact that it's Rothschild and they're calling it illuminate right now, at this point in time shows you just how funny it all is to them. No doubt in my mind.
    Our elites are as tedious and exhausted as the rest of us. Their exploits are boring, they're unable to have fun. Have not the wit to make us fear or adore them for they behave as if they are on decades-long gap years rather than striding mightily about.

I need a Nero. I'm holding out for a Nero 'til the end of the night.
    Last edited by HMGovt; 18-07-2019 at 01:19 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

there's a distinction between "art" and "the art world", which is what you're talking about here. same as the difference between music and the music industry.

it's probably tricky being a "serious" artist, how far to you allow yourself to sell out in order to make it. many/most of them start off scrappy, independent, rebellious, DIY...and later when success and recognition start to roll in, they can get sucked into the art world machinations and seduced by the attention and free things (invitation to a week at a collector's summer house in the Hamptons or south of France, a seat on a private jet to go see the Venice Biennale, etc.).

some artist also start to realize the only way they can achieve their vision for a large-scale, significant piece of work is to have a patron, be it a rich collector or large global gallery like gagosian or white cube. there are always strings attached.

Au contraire, HMG. They're laughing it up, canapé in hand. Maybe kind of flaccidly at this point. But most of the groundwork was done well before you or I were a twinkle in an eye, and now all they need do is keep up appearances. Be a Nero. We could do with one.

what? the elites haven't produced art for years. they just curate it. this is why art must be destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

14. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Curating is taking over. Talent doesn't mean shit in that world.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    what? the elites haven't produced art for years. they just curate it. this is why art must be destroyed.
    Would be better if they dealt more in patronage than dealing. Like in the good old days of hard money and low time preference.
    Luka, you should have snared yourself a patron. Missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    Finally, the voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    Curating is taking over. Talent doesn't mean shit in that world.
    talent is overrated. a lot of hardcore is badly thrown together. it wouldn't pass a gcse music class. that's precisely why it's so fucking great. why do i have to keep repeating this?
    I respect islamists

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

talent doesn't exist disembodied from our value judgments does it. Emerson Lake and Palmer are skilled players. they could probably outwit any of us here without even thinking about it. What have they given to music though? what *talent* have they endowed in the collective unconscious? not much.
    I respect islamists