Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midsommar

A film I forgot to mention that shat me up a bit was Kill List. That stuff in the tunnels on the country estate was the stuff of nightmares.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

I only vaguely remember Kill List - and at the time I thought that it was really great up until the end, where it all went a bit silly.

That often seems to be the way with horror films. Having to unveil the lurking threat, and the lurking threat is a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    You're right Baboon - 21 Grams is utter shite.
    Rich, you've seen a lot of films, so the question must be - have you ever seen a worse one? I can genuinely say that I don't think I have - the mix of pretension and ineptitude is catastrophic.

On Kill List - the ending isn't up to the standard of the rest, and seems a bit derivative, but I don't think it was bad enough to ruin the film.

I really loved the ending to "the witch", which I'm sure others found disappointing

Rich, you've seen a lot of films, so the question must be - have you ever seen a worse one? I can genuinely say that I don't think I have - the mix of pretension and ineptitude is catastrophic.
    I struggle to think of worse off the top of my head. I can't stand that director in general, there was the Amores Peres one which was a mess but the critics seemed to like, I think by 21 Grams some were like "hang on" and then by Babel everyone was thinking "What have we done? We've created a monster" and backing away from his as fast as possible... just a terrible director.

Is he the guy that did The Revenant?

I expected to hate that one but I loved loved loved it.

Birdman was shite though.

Anyway, midsomarrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Is he the guy that did The Revenant?

I expected to hate that one but I loved loved loved it.

Birdman was shite though.

Anyway, midsomarrrrrr
    Funny, I was reading a book yesterday which had this weird digression about the guy The Revenant (and the previous film) was based on. But it was written in the 80s long before that.
    Anyway, you're right, sorry... back to Midsommar which I must watch even though every review I've seen has been very negative.

I've been waiting for a trailer for this to appear.