Wrestling

version

WWE are going through a real rough patch with all these accusations coming out against Vince. I can't say I'm surprised. Some of it's been public knowledge for decades and he's always been a weirdo.

mixed_biscuits

shakahislop

WWE are going through a real rough patch with all these accusations coming out against Vince. I can't say I'm surprised. Some of it's been public knowledge for decades and he's always been a weirdo.
it's weird hearing about Vince McMahon's sexual proclivities given how clearly they're also expressed in WWE. although thankfully toned down. WWE has a strange similarity to auteurship.

version

it's weird hearing about Vince McMahon's sexual proclivities given how clearly they're also expressed in WWE. although thankfully toned down.

Seems to be common knowledge he kept pushing for incest plot lines involving him, his son and his daughter and others in the company had to dissuade him from going through with them.

WWE has a strange similarity to auteurship.

Yeah, he's clearly some sort of visionary. The blurring of management and the backstage with the action was really remarkable. Sometimes you'd find yourself wondering what was scripted, who was entirely in character. The whole company was this gyre of semi-fiction spiraling round the McMahon family.

There was a healthy dollop of the absurd too. This was a particularly bizarre moment,

malelesbian

Femboyism IS feminism.
I'm eager to write Vince out of history. The real geniuses were Jerry Jarrett, Bill Watts, Sam Muchnik and Eddie Graham!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I wonder if the WWE backstage stuff was influenced by Larry Sanders et al, or if it came before it?