Life is just one big game of "explain it to the whites"

forclosure

I mean lets face it, it really is isnt it their the ones who have the most money but the least curiosty out of anybody they only get into certain radical forms of music unless its a couple years out of date and all the teeth have been smoothed down. They can take what they want in terms of aesthetics and flip it into something that they claim is their own even if they had nothing to do with the creation of it but if they say its theirs people will just assume that.

Critics aint much better because the original ones with all the knowledge all end up hating what they created and the influences they make because they see their fruits of their labour twisted and misused by people who wanna be mentioned in books than 20 years from now nobody will read and blithly say is crap and the ones who want to take down what they see as gatekeepers swear theyre not gonna repeat the mistakes that previous generations did only to do so anyway and just as dumb as the last generation did. I saw the best minds of rap writing all go through the equivalent of a stroke when Trump got elected and they realised that all their comment section arguments about what ever the fuck 16 year old rapper who had a bubbling single in 2005 never ammounted to anything and that they feel like they shouldve been weilding picket signs or taking part in sit ins or some shit and all have gone crazy in their own individual ways.

Youve got dudes like Iaian Sinclair who are supposed to be the big brains in the room who studied the blueprint of the panopticon prison but these days theyre ideas of London is changing is all boiled down to smart phones which for me is the equivalent of putting all your energy into focusing on the one corner of the dirty bathroom floor.

You cant tell the difference between the carpetbaggers and the decent folk because they all wear the same clothes and listen to the same shit and read and RT the same people on twitter and while some of it is genuine alot of it is just to hawk whatever crap theyve got in their trunk and the billionaires are no different Henry Ford was a piece of shit but he knew how to enjoy his money and wasnt putting it to wacky schemes like using teenager blood to live forever or believing in the kind of hokey science fiction idea that wouldve had Asimov and Heinlan laugh you out of the room.

I could go longer but this is what i got and ive been meaning to drop it off some where on here for ages

forclosure

here i know you kids like threads with controversial titles to stir things up so this is the equivalent of shaking the cage with the parrot inside it and then throwing it against the wall

forclosure

also i think the idea that the internet is some great place for intelligent discussion has well and truly been buried in the ground not just because people who spent too much time on it failed to explain to those who hardly did that NO that picture you see in facebook is not of Hariet Tubman NO there is no relation between ishtar and Easter and it didnt stop any close relatives from delving into the kind of shit we long debunked and thought of as crap 20-30 odd years ago

the great common guilt amongst the 60s generation was "i was a hippie turned stock broker filofax cunt" for people now in their mid 30s its "i was a dickhead on a gaming/anime/furry fan forum and did nothing to stop or qash all the neo nazis,pedophiles,rapists and god knows who else from dominating those lawless spaces even when there were mods in the room all because i was told not to "feed the troll" which in the end turned out to be bullshit

Leo

welcome to the real world. aside from the part about the internet, pretty much everything you (rightfully) call out here has happened in one form or another throughout history. it can be maddening (if you let it), but it's nothing new.

Leo

there's always a point when an idyllic facade fades, the curtain pulled back, the most disappointing aspects of human nature emerge...I wonder if it's because the particular situation always seems to change, or if we just get older and more cynical (or a combination of the two)?

forclosure

no idea but its probably the case seeing all these tech people in their 60s apologize profusley for saying that the internet was this utopian free for all has been a sight

Leo

I'd guess lots of those early tech guys were authentically idealistic, pursuing all sort of possibilities in the brave new digital world. but big business always watches and looks for things it can exploit, and they pounce.

sadmanbarty

the racial component in the title is interesting. black fellas aren't so taken in with promises of a new eden. jonestown is the only major example i can think of. maybe some garveyists actually did go back to africa. rastas are fundamentally cynical, so don't really count. you get abstract notions of religious salvation but you don't get taken in with implementable promises of utopia like the whites (specifically the middle class).

the only cultural output in that vein is spiritual jazz really.

forclosure

Dunno how old u r webby, but the net actually used to be cool and full of subversive shit

25 so i feel like i caught the very tail end of this "cool subversive" internet that people get misty eyed over now course alot of that was through my interest in games anime and stuff like that but still

i never did learn to code or do web design and shit like that cause while i felt it would be a useful tool in my arsenal i never bought into the idea that coding was gonna undo the shackles of bland living.

Also programmers are a fucking barmy lot and start up culture is the devil the kind of lads only recently started listening to rap and think taking pics with guys like Nas and Camron will lend them cool points even though the only black person who works at their company is the one security guard

forclosure

I also forgot to bring up this sort of dogpilling thing ive noticed in the last couple years where its not just rock guys but like rock musicians have gone all in on supporting rappers often the biggest most well known ones and making them their sort of music idols because nobody really cares about rock music anymore and theres this collective sense that all the icons of alternative music have failed them and became parodies of themselves regardless of if they still make good music or not.

Looking back on it now American Hardcore is a bad documentary but i feel like the biggest lie it and people who work themselves into a fit over 80s hardcore perpatraded was the idea that all it takes to bring in a era of good music is the existance of a stupid right wing/far right wing president.