Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: the pillhead ideal

That's not my style, third.

And believe it not I enjoy talking to you.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by pattycakes_ View Post
    That's not my style, third.

And believe it not I enjoy talking to you.
    nah nah it's all good. just sometimes the way you right about soulfulness and spiritual positivity just comes across as extremely cringey to me in the extreme, like a whiteboy voyeuristically stroking his bass guitar and bongos. I'm not saying what you say is invalid it's more the kind of glancing out of one windowpain vibe. like i like a lot of 70s/80s funk/soul music, i mean if i didn't i'd be on like on a euro techno forum repping ebm (which really i have no time for.) I mean I'm listening to Soul II Soul as I drink my coffee and write this for christ's sake. It's more this jarring timeloop that you're harkening back to even a time before i can remember and its disconcerting because it's like, we fought to dismantle this attitude of white ppl = noisey black people = soulful. I just think (and i say this cordially) you can maybe pursue a bit more of a middle ground. noone is against soul here, we're just trying to work out how we respond to these things in 2010s london. it might be overly self-conscious and cynical and etc etc but its our reality. you have to kinda negotiate within that even if you don't like it, can't just keep repeating how awful it is can you.

and berlin is just as an unviting place for many. perhaps not you but that's fair enough.

https://phillewisblog.wordpress.com/...can-in-berlin/
    Last edited by thirdform; 18-08-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

"When the one above departs from the Way
    The ones below will lose sight of the tasks"

that Berlin article is

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    that Berlin article is
    It's still the cheapest option. And if the 'gentrifiers' ie. the wanted a squaky clean image they'd probably closed down Berghain 10 years ago.