Thread: Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan

Default Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan

Tulsi Gabbard beat him to it but it seems like a smart move anyway. Who knows whether the comments are genuine but there are apparently a fair few people now paying attention who might otherwise have dismissed him.

Also the fact that two presidential candidates have now been on the same podcast as Alex Jones and people who spend their time obsessing over weed, aliens and whether a gorilla could beat a grizzly bear in a fight is pretty surreal.

I think it's good when politicians talk to audiences outside their bubble, although they do need to be a little bit careful. de Blasio just went on Sean Hannity's show, although he's such a media whore he'd accommodate anyone willing to talk to him. https://www.thedailybeast.com/sean-h...o-bad?ref=home

interesting story about Gabbard: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...s-2020-1452578

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I think it's good when politicians talk to audiences outside their bubble, although they do need to be a little bit careful.
    It's a difficult one but it could really pay off. Jon Stewart going to Fox with the fight over the 9/11 healthcare funding was a good move and put more pressure on the GOP than going on CNN or MSNBC would have.

I've become a sortof fan of Rogan's podcast in the last year. But I only listen to episodes here and there, it entirely depends on the guest.

Rogan's not a bad interviewer, but he's also not remotely funny (which I've realised might actually be an asset for his interviewing technique) and a lot of his guests are dodgy and/or annoying.

Rogan is obviously disturbed by being seen as 'alt-right adjacent' and I think he's recently been trying to address this by having more left-wing people on.

I'm guessing Bernie came on because his buddy Cornell West was on recently (one of the best JRE episodes ever, although the one with Alex Jones recently was up there too tbh):

Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

The point Rogan never tires of making about candidates usually getting 30 seconds to express their views is a good one, though. I've seen a lot of comments re: the Sanders podcast along the lines of "I never knew what Bernie stood for before listneing to this, I'd only heard him for 30 seconds" - even from declared conservatives.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

The Cornel West one was pure love from beginning to end. What a guy. Hope Joe gets Chris Hedges on as well because he's close with West. Also becoming a fan of the podcast, and yeah, selective. The Bob Lazar one from a while back was thoroughly entertaining.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

U.S. presidential hopeful Sanders has heart procedure, cancels events - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1WH1PH

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders underwent an unexpected heart procedure on Tuesday for a blockage in an artery and canceled campaign events for the White House until further notice, an adviser said.

Sanders, 78, was in Las Vegas, Nevada, for 2020 presidential campaign events when he experienced discomfort and was taken to a hospital for evaluation.

“Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted,” Sanders senior adviser Jeff Weaver said in a statement.

“Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits. He will be resting up over the next few days. We are canceling his events and appearances until further notice, and we will continue to provide appropriate updates,” Weaver said.

Sanders, the oldest of 19 contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination, was scheduled to hold a town hall in Las Vegas and appear at a gun safety forum on Wednesday.

Aides did not offer any guidance on how long Sanders might be off the campaign trail. The first nominating contest is not until Feb. 3 in Iowa, but Sanders is one of 12 candidates scheduled to participate in the fourth Democratic debate in Ohio on Oct. 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I was more or less pissing cum.

Does this kill his campaign? Any opponents will surely just hammer him on his age and health now.