Psychowatch

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
SCURRILOUS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-48990549

A churchwarden has been found guilty of murdering an author after tricking him into changing his will.

Benjamin Field, 28, manipulated 69-year-old Peter Farquhar for financial gain and tried to make his death look like an accident or suicide.

Field was also accused of plotting to kill Mr Farquhar's neighbour Ann Moore-Martin, 83, in the village of Maids Moreton but was found not guilty.

As Ben Field sat in the back of a police van after his arrest, he said: "I think I will get away with most of it." He had seduced two lonely neighbours - murdering one and defrauding the other - but now faces life in prison.

On the surface, 28-year-old Field was a charming, caring and religious young man who gave sermons in his father's Baptist church. But the former churchwarden had a sinister project: to befriend vulnerable individuals and get them to change their wills.

Mark Glover, who led the Thames Valley Police investigation into his crimes, summed him up: "Ben Field is all about Ben Field and nobody else."

Field, of Olney, Bucks, has been convicted of murder and fraud after a 10-week trial. He was described by police as a "cold, calculated, manipulative, controlling, evil man".

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's very sad, this story. Two old lonely people being manipulated and mentally/physically tortured.

While Mr Farquhar wrote in his journal, "it is one of the happiest moments of my life. Gone are the fears of dying alone", the court was told Field's motive was purely financial gain and that he was also seeing other people.

If he was to inherit Mr Farquhar's house, his victim had to die. And if he was to get away with it, his death needed to look like an accident or suicide.

Field drugged Mr Farquhar, secretly spiking his food and drink by feeding him a cocktail of sedatives and hallucinogens bought off the internet. They were covertly administered in various ways - on his toast, in his tea and broken up in chocolate. A video, found in Field's possession, shows the academic looking exhausted and struggling to form a sentence.

Field was arrested and his home was searched, where police found diaries and notebooks containing a list of people's names with the title, 100 Clients. It was described by Field in court as a list of "people who may be useful to me, either as targets of fraud or in other ways".

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This happened not far from me. Poshed public school lad bashed in the heads of three old geezers in their 80s, two of whom were twins and lived together: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/exeter-murders-first-picture-ex-14002217 No idea if he was trying to extort money from them and lost his patience with them, or what.

Alexander Lewis-Ranwell, now 27, is a polo player, described as being 'polite and kind' at school and once had a 64-year-old girlfriend, say reports.

Um.

The pal, who did not wish to be named, said: "He was the most laid back, hippie, sporty, surfer skateboarder type you could ever imagine."

Just throw away the key already, christ.