Your favourite grime set

luka

Just cos I want to listen to a grime set. No later than 2003 obviously. What you got?

sadmanbarty

Wiley, riko and trim, dj Stirling rinse 2004.

‘Riko vs gods gift’

There’s one with demon at sidewinder’s 4th/5th birtthday

There’s one that’s called something like ‘Wiley and Danny weed mess around’

luka

I got to be honest, I like trim but I don't. I don't really want to hear him on sets. Whether that is conditioned by the Career choices he made I dunno. I think it's partly cos he was a Johnny come lately. He wasn't around at the start. Also cos of how much I love stormin

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I got to be honest, I like trim but I don't. I don't really want to hear him on sets. Whether that is conditioned by the Career choices he made I dunno. I think it's partly cos he was a Johnny come lately. He wasn't around at the start. Also cos of how much I love stormin

uk music is full of johnny come lately's though. thats our charm and our curse.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

was gonna recommend a boys in da hood set i have on this hd but it's 2004! luke is a strange one! as soon as a genre actually becomes that it's cancelled. it's intriguing given that the same criteria isn't applied to US rap.

Saying 2003 is unfair though, I think it was actually June 2004 that there's the genuine tail off

When everyone got kicked off Deja, that's the beginning of the shift

To that end

luka

I love that tune "I love the ghetto life, ghetto life is what I do" tropical grime. Early one.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
What happened in 2004?

Edit: mental maths tells me you turned 25. The beginning of the end. Despair.

Last edited:
What happened in 2004?

Edit: mental maths tells me you turned 25. The beginning of the end. Despair.

the muskateers incident & thus the end of grime on deja. was really the end of that era

i would maintain that it was been intermittently good throughout the years, but there is genuinely some unspecific vibrancy that's lost almost precisely at that moment

Last edited:

luka

I thought I would hate this but it actually gave me shivers up my spine to see this lot so confident and accomplished and still so electric. This was a golden generation in east London

luka

My lot. There was something special in the water in east London when we were kids. Or maybe it was that free milk