Secret lives on the internet

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Was scoping the aphex thread and thinking about how I could never cultivate a mystique like that if I was a musical genius now cos I've splurged my confessions all over the internet.

Got me wondering if there are famous people online under pseudonyms, living out secret lives.

And about secret lives in general.

version

Vin Diesel, Robin Williams and a bunch of others play or played World of Warcraft with random people online.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This is a stupid question really, since if they ARE doing it nobody will know about it.

A striking thought, though, at least IMO. Cos they're humans like everybody else, some of them must be on forums and stuff like that.

Let me find out Luka is secretly Kim Kardashian.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Somebody trapped by celebrity, unable to go out onto the street for fear of being mobbed, wanting to converse with joe schmo and jane plain.

It's obvious that many famous people scour the internet for negative comments relating to them.

woops

is not like other people
It's obvious that many famous people scour the internet for negative comments relating to them.

The worst/best one of these I've seen is when Infinite Thought a bad review to Alain de Botton and he went after her online, you'd of thought being a very intelligent, and philosopher, he'd have realised this was a silly thing to do. Maybe he's one of you lot on this thread! Oh dear!

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
In my experience the more intelligent you are the more neurotic you are likely to be. (At least intelligence of the academic variety.)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The worst/best one of these I've seen is when Infinite Thought a bad review to Alain de Botton and he went after her online, you'd of thought being a very intelligent, and philosopher, he'd have realised this was a silly thing to do. Maybe he's one of you lot on this thread! Oh dear!

Wow, she's had some shitty luck in this regard, huh.