In a major key. . . .

version

It's interesting that to my ears at least that Nirvana one sounds much more affecting than the original.

version

I like how much you can twist a piece of music through shifting the pitch, slowing it down and so on; OPN's Chuck Person stuff was cool like that.

It's a shame more of the vaporwave guys don't acknowledge DJ Screw though (... unless I've missed it when they have). It's hard to imagine this stuff existing without Screw.

Last edited:

mvuent

Void Dweller
It's a shame more of the vaporwave guys don't acknowledge DJ Screw though (... unless I've missed it when they have). It's hard to imagine this stuff existing without Screw.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014091...2014/08/16/an-explanation-of-floral-shoppe-2/
Vaporwave at its core is ultimately not a form of music, but the first true “post-music” genre that has grew from being more than the tiniest niche into something of its own scene. While there have been other forms of “post-music” in the past, even decades ago, vaporwave is the first scene of its kind to really take it to the next level to the point where someone like Vektroid receives high praise for slowing down a Diana Ross sample and creating weird sounding loops out of it.
yeah, no one was known for slowing down famous songs before vektroid, that's for sure.......