pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Coming from a master harper such as yourself ill take that as a compliment ;p

Fwiw, I haven't talked about that stuff for a while. Just felt relevant to porags post. In hindsight I shoulda probably kept it to myself. But there was also the temptation to put it in this particular thread because I'm pretty sure I get why it was made and who it was aimed at.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I keep telling luke to come out he doesn't like girls it's obvious only then can he disown funk and embrace the delights of bangin gay hard house.

but at the moment he's trying to like straight music whilst not being straight thats a serious issue. hence everything is cancelled for him. naturally if he was bisexual he wouldn't have this problem.

luka

I was with my friend Jim yesterday he is a famous record collector and we were in a cafe and some funk was playing and I told him I cancelled funk and he said fucking hell Your'e so right I've never known music to have all its potency hoovered up like that before there's nothing left. It's awful and I've got a house full of funk records.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Listening to James Brown right now. It's hard to hear it fresh but the musicianship and his intensity still sounds through. "Live at the Apollo" still bangs for me though.

Read a really grim story about James Brown basically trying to fuck this woman for several hours straight. he couldn't come but just kept going. Wouldn't give it up. Sounds about right listening to this. It sounds like sex.

luka

I'd compare it to the status of rock and roll in the 90s. Your little Richards and chuck berrys

luka

James Brown has aged much better than the rest of it. Doesn't sound as hokey. Don't have the wah-wah and all those other period signifiers that just make everyone's heart sink nowadays.

DannyL

Wild Horses
It's got him on it as well. Sounds like a very damaged guy but a force of nature. Was pretty brutal with his band but that meant next level musicianship.

luka

It's already the wallpaper music of choice. In Leon, in pret a manger, in airports and hotel lobbies.

luka

Most important perceptive thread in the history of the forum. I fucking hate funk.