Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming films

That new Scorsese thing - The Irishman - is getting rave reviews.

EFPmVdyXUAAfYT_.jpg

It'll be terrible. Wolf of wall st was one of the worst films ever made. Guy Ritchie level.

Wolf of Wall Street was Ricky Gervais/James Corden level.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

What's it about - The Irishman I mean. Of course I could look it up but it's more fun to talk about it no?

Quite enjoy wolf of wall Street. As in, it it's on telly, I'll watch it. Better than guy ritchie but I know what you mean, it's a bit basic. Matthew mcona tho

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    What's it about - The Irishman I mean. Of course I could look it up but it's more fun to talk about it no?
    The bloke who supposedly took out Jimmy Hoffa.

On The Lighthouse, in the scenes in which his character is meant to be drunk on kerosene (there are quite a few of them), he was “basically unconscious the whole time. It was crazy. I spent so much time making myself throw up. Pissing my pants. It’s the most revolting thing. I don’t know, maybe it’s really annoying.”

It’s hard not to speculate that yes, it might be really annoying. “There’s a scene,” Pattinson remembers, “where Willem’s kind of sleeping on me and we’re really, really drunk and I felt like we’re completely lost in the scene and I’m sitting there trying to make myself gag and Robert [Eggers] told me off because Willem’s looking at him going: ‘If he throws up on me, I’m leaving the set.’ I had absolutely no idea this whole drama was unfolding.”

In some ways, Pattinson concedes, all this acting out is a reaction to his terrifying early super-fame.
    https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a...foe-interview/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to entertainment For This Useful Post:

revol148
    revol148
    4 dagen geleden
    The past year has seen the films: As it was, Rocket man, Bohemian Rhapsody and now this - nostalgia seems to be all that's left of the once great music scene.

irishman is a bit like a netflix mini series in one go, so no dramatic peaks, though very easy to watch. pesci doesnt do much, though its nice to see him in a big film again, deniro looks bored. it does get good in the last hour when we finally see everyone in the present day, but otherwise its the kind of thing MS could do in his sleep - there was a point i thought it might have something to say about unionisation, seeing as its kind of about jimmy hoffa. pacino is excellent though, in a way i didnt think he could still be, and there is a lingering sadness to the whole thing. the best thing is really seeing these guys who i and i assume most ppl here grew up watching all together again. maybe thats why people are responding to it so emotionally.

the next MS film looks much more interesting. its based on this book:
    https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...y-david-grann/
    Last edited by rubberdingyrapids; 07-11-2019 at 09:16 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rubberdingyrapids For This Useful Post:

Anyone seen any of the smaller films getting decent buzz this year? Parasite, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Honey Boy, The Peanut Butter Falcon etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvuent View Post
    if you look at my post history here you'll see I've been a tireless supporter of Welsh independence.