Who haven't you read?

DannyL

Wild Horses
On a Burroughs tip, The Adding Machine (collected essays) is great.

A friend advised me to read the cut up segments out loud or at the very least imagine then in Burroughs' voice. That does something to them. They become a kind of gestalt, which isn't always obvious when you're reading them on the page.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I didn't hate Kerouac but I didn't think it was very good either. Yyyaldrin what do you make of Nova Express so far?

ordered it along with a bunch of other books today. i don't have an e-reader or anything like that. will report back as soon as i start with it.

version

A friend advised me to read the cut up segments out loud or at the very least imagine then in Burroughs' voice. That does something to them. They become a kind of gestalt, which isn't always obvious when you're reading them on the page.

He's definitely someone who knows how to read his own work, more of the humour comes through for one.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He's definitely someone who knows how to read his own work, more of the humour comes through for one.
I could live without hearing him say "If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing" ever again to be honest though, no matter how true it might be.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
About half of Finnegans Wake (still).

Picked it up again recently, going to try and finish it before the babby comes.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I like Burroughs and hated On the Road too.

Ditto. Got about 50 pages into OTR and just found it insufferably boring.

I should read more Burroughs - CotRN is fantastic, I understand it's the first in a sort of unofficial trilogy, so I should probably read the other two at the very least. I found The Soft Machine hard to get to grips with.

luka

Lovely. I've got that edition of nova express too. I own mumbo jumbo but dont think ive read it!

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
stylistic it's prose and interpunction for example. as for its content, syndicats, secret groups. but it might indeed be a silly comparison.