luka

Just chill out and stop being a nuisance third it ain't hard is it. Let things flow a bit. Stop jumping down everyone's throat. No ones out to get you. We're on your side. We like you but you're making the whole forum poisonous. I don't want to post here any more. Corpse don't post any more. It's over the top mate. Settle down. Have a glass of raki and listen to some Turkish crooners with open neck shirts and crinkled world weary smiles. Find your centre. Let's have a good time again.

mvuent

Void Dweller

From the very beginning I have been amazed by the extraordinary wealth of melody types existing in the territory under investigation in Eastern Europe. As I pursued my research, this amazement increased. In view of the comparatively small size of the countries – numbering forty to fifty million people – the variety in folk music is really marvellous! Comparison of the folk music of these peoples made it clear that there was a continuous giveand- take of melodies, a constant crossing and recrossing which had persisted through centuries.

reminds me of how in old paintings of Pont-Aven by artists like Gauguin--meant to celebrate pre-modern, uncorrupted religious practice--you can see that the locals are wearing ceremonial outfits that were actually introduced only a few decades ago to attract tourists. maybe some aspects of tradition can last a really long time but the parts that are going to draw the most interest are--ironically--the most cheesy, blatantly of-the-moment additions.

I'll admit though, I do think it can be kind of tempting to search for "purity" (maybe not, you know, "race purity") or a clear line of tradition when you're looking at art/culture. maybe you just have to recognize that you'll be closing yourself off from the past by looking at things that way, rather than connecting more closely with it.

mvuent

Void Dweller
there should be a thread specifically for heated debates of any kind lol. the octagon.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I mean you can start that thread its a free country but it will either get ignored or get an echo chamber. And something tells me you won't be satisfied with either outcome.

That wasn't aimed at you (but I see how it could be taken that way.) I mean discussion in general. It seems to be stuck at the moment. Online, offline. People married to their own opinions. Wires get crossed. Strawmen. PCness. Who's the best word fighter vs who talks the most sense. The fickle crowd as backup. Nothing new ofc, but somehow way more tangled and knotted than I can ever remember.

luka

The Imperium of Man is an autocratic human empire that comprises about a million worlds and has existed for over 10,000 years. The Imperium is a highly religious society, centered on the worship of the God-Emperor of Mankind, who was the Imperium's founder and is still its nominal ruler. Anyone who does not worship the Emperor properly is liable to be persecuted for heresy; this is a major theme of the setting. Although the Imperium has advanced technology by 21st-century standards, the Imperium has long ceased practicing science and its technologies haven't improved for thousands of years. Imperial citizens are taught to obey authority without question, to worship the Emperor, to hate and fear aliens, and to be incurious about anything that doesn't concern their duties.