48:12 Viggo Mortensen
    50:16 Eastern Promises
    59:27 A Dangerous Method
    1:14:08 Cosmopolis
    1:24:36 70
    1:25:40 Creativity

Videodrome is number one.
    the frued jung one is the worst I walked out the cinema

The fly is cool existenz is cool thing is when I was on a cronenberg jag I was smoking a lot of weed so actually I fell asleep through a lot of his films eg dead ringers

I haven't seen them all but of the ones I have seen:

1) Crash
    2) Naked Lunch
    3) Videodrome
    4) eXistenZ
    5) The Fly
    6) Cosmopolis
    7) Scanners
    8) Eastern Promises

7. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Eastern promises is hacky the Steven king one with the kids falling through the frozen lake was alright I thought

Scanners seemed cool but was stoned fell asleep

I've got his novel here but haven't read it yet. It definitely sounds like a Cronenberg novel.

“An eye-opening dazzler” (Stephen King) about a pair of globetrotting, gore-obsessed journalists whose entanglement in a French philosopher’s death becomes a surreal journey into global conspiracy from legendary filmmaker David Cronenberg.

Stylish and camera-obsessed, Naomi and Nathan thrive on the yellow journalism of the social-media age. Naomi finds herself drawn to the headlines surrounding a famous couple, Célestine and Aristide, Marxist philosophers and sexual libertines. Célestine has been found dead, and Aristide has disappeared. Police suspect him of killing her and consuming parts of her body. Yet Naomi sets off to find him, and as she delves deeper into the couple’s lives, she discovers the news story may only skim the surface of the disturbing acts they performed together.

Journalist Nathan, meanwhile, is in Budapest photographing the controversial work of an unlicensed surgeon named Zoltán Molnár, once sought by Interpol for organ trafficking. After sleeping with one of Molnár’s patients, Nathan contracts a rare STD called Roiphe’s and travels to Toronto, determined to meet the man who discovered the syndrome. Dr. Barry Roiphe, Nathan learns, now studies his own adult daughter, whose bizarre behavior masks a devastating secret.

These parallel narratives become entwined in a gripping, dreamlike plot that involves geopolitics, 3-D printing, North Korea, the Cannes Film Festival, cancer, and, in an incredible number of varieties, sex. Consumed is an exuberant, provocative debut novel from one of the world’s leading film directors, a writer of “fierce sculptural intensity” (Jonathan Lethem, The New York Times Book Review) who makes it “impossible to look away” (Publishers Weekly).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Eastern Promises had that horrific fight scene in the bath house but the rest was just tedious, felt like a cheap made-for-TV thing.

I think stuff like eXistenZ, The Fly and Naked Lunch would be fine stoned but I can picture drifting off with Scanners, Eastern Promises and some of the others on. Everything he does is somewhat subdued and hypnotic as it is so if it's also as boring as Eastern Promises and there's nothing grabbing you visually then it's lights out.

Well you could fall asleep through anything g stoned it's no knock on the films I'm sure they're great

Eastern Promises was pretty tired I guess... but it had an attraction to me cos a lot of it was filmed where I used to live. For example someone gets killed in a barbers on Broadway Market at the start. But yeah not a great film.
    Surprised that there is not more love for Scanners though, I would have put that near the top. For me it's one of the best of those... I dunno, slightly silly sci-fi things that are a bit too good (or expensive) to be B-movies but still sort of are, things like They Live and Dune etc I suppose.
    Has anyone seen his first feature films Stereo and Crimes of The Future? Both worth checking I seem to remember. I think they have no dialogue just a voiceover added afterwards which is quite singular straight off. Some film critic said that they demonstrated that it was possible for a film to be both interesting and boring at the same time and I think that's a fair comment.

Well you could fall asleep through anything g stoned it's no knock on the films I'm sure they're great
    I've got no idea what happened in the second half of Mandy, need to see it again I think.

Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Has anyone seen his first feature films Stereo and Crimes of The Future? Both worth checking I seem to remember. I think they have no dialogue just a voiceover added afterwards which is quite singular straight off. Some film critic said that they demonstrated that it was possible for a film to be both interesting and boring at the same time and I think that's a fair comment.
    I think Adam Harper took the name of his blog from Crimes of the Future.

https://rougesfoam.blogspot.com/