Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker (2019)

Todd Phillips' first film was a documentary about GG Allin.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

The Crow was a lot like The Joker and Brandon Lee infamously died on set.

haven't checked the previous links yet but it reminds me of "clown world"

The phrase “clown world” and accompanying emojis unify far-right social media users in their exasperation over an imagined state of collapse in the Western hemisphere that they largely blame on immigrants and minority groups. The force driving “Honkler” across the far-right is the same bleak worldview that led white nationalists to embrace Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang. In their minds, if there is nothing that they can do to stop the supposed “great replacement” of white people in their “homelands” and no politicians who care enough about their cause to implement real policies that favor their agenda, they may as well accept the outcome and wrench whatever they can out of the system, like Yang’s promise of $1,000 per month universal basic income. This mentality is often referred to as “black pilling.”
    https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...yes-seriously/

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    https://secretsun.blogspot.com/2018/...y-anymore.html

The paranoid are the antennae of the race
    Have you read The Killing Joke? It's horrible. Good ending though.

It's a vector of evil. There's something wrong there
    Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    did anyone here ever read fountainhead? like i'm starting to think that book is haunted, turns you into the devil. or do people who read that book are already that way in the first place?

the harlequin

just want to say a huge thanks to version for making dissensus everything i want it to be in the past couple of days.

coming up with original, rich ideas. it's really great to see.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

It

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Fight Club always reminded me of Ballard in its thesis that when things are boring then a shake-up, even one that involves getting your head kicked in, will be an improvement. Anyway, this Joker film is getting intriguing reviews everywhere, might have to make it the first of these "superhero" things I've forked out for in forever. I'm guessing it's basically his own film putting on a joker mask to get made - he said he's chucked out the canon backstory right?

It looks as though it's at least partly based on The Killing Joke as he appears to be a failing comedian.

does the puppet from saw count as a clown?

I genuinely consider the joker archetype in its modern incarnation disturbing, a vector of evil as I say
    it is the vector of the disenfranchised white man, one of the most malign and lethal forces in the world today:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    THE GRAND THEORY:

White Anglo-American civilisation coped with the civil rights movement and Windrush because:

1) rock music was a legitimate white cultural identity

2) there were white artists who were able to successfully appropriate blackness (elvis, jagger, dj hype, danny weed, kc of the sunshine band, eminem, timberlake, dem 2, michael jackson)

rock music died in the early 90's. white people stopped being able to be black in the last 10 years.

now you either have hipsters who don't produce any culture (they only consume it) and ed sheeran which is really embarrassing.

that's why we now have trump and brexit
    clowns were a recurring motif during white america’s last cultural hoorah of the 90’s:

the insane clown posse, slipknot had a clown in it, when i googled it there are more white clown rappers and korn had a song called ‘clown’.

thus in the millennial subconscious clowns are intrinsically tied to suburban, socially alienated white people.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Krusty the Clown.

Re. your Secret Sun link Luka, I listened to this interview a while back which I found genuinely a bit scary.

He seems to have hit the point when all the synchroncities start answering back: [url]https://runesoup.com/2017/09/talking-conspiracy-with-greg-carlwood/[/u

I'm hyped for this film. The trailer looks amazing.
    Last edited by DannyL; 01-09-2019 at 08:58 PM.