Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker (2019)

Default Joker (2019)

I've a feeling this is going to be another Fight Club in the sense that luka was talking about in the Ghostbusters vs. The Matrix thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    You almost can't overstate the influence these films have on the popular psyche. The difference here being that fight club is much more concerned with the disenfranchisement of white men. It plays into much more sinister and regressive narratives than the matrix does.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Yeah yeah Heath ledger joker is absolutely huge in the culture good call

Did you notice on corpses mcgregor rape link he posted a Heath ledger joker quote the day after the rape was supposed to have happened? It's a vector of evil. There's something wrong there

It looks like they've lifted a lot from The King of Comedy for this one. They've even got De Niro.

One of my old proper sick schizo mates always used to post why so serious shit on Facebook

When we talked about fight club I was thinking what else is on that level of mind penetration and you're absolutely right it's ledgers joker. What film is it from please?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

That bloke who shot up the cinema in 2012 claimed he was The Joker.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    When we talked about fight club I was thinking what else is on that level of mind penetration and you're absolutely right it's ledgers joker. What film is it from please?
    Ledger's Joker's from The Dark Knight but this is a new film about The Joker exclusively with Joaquin Phoenix in the lead. No Batman.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Some of the reviews are already sounding uneasy despite most of them saying it's a good film:

A part of me found Todd Phillips’s radical rethinking of the Batman villain Joker thrillingly uncompromising and hair-raisingly timely. Another thinks it should be locked in a strongbox then dropped in the ocean and never released.

Make no mistake, this is a film that is going to stir up trouble – in the consciences of everyone who watches it, and almost certainly in the outside world as well.

He’s just improvising, going with the flow of his madness. And when he gets his fluky big shot to go on TV, we think we know what’s going to happen (that he’s destined to be humiliated), but what we see, instead, is a monster reborn with a smile. And lo and behold, we’re on his side. Because the movie does something that flirts with danger — it gives evil a clown-mask makeover, turning it into the sickest possible form of cool.

I genuinely consider the joker archetype in its modern incarnation disturbing, a vector of evil as I say

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: