Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident Advisor stops using scores on reviews

When I picture Dissensus and dancing, I picture something like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Leo's pirouetting and doing the splits on his rollerskates, Corpsey's in a vest and reaching for the lasers, luka's breaking, spinning on his head, flipping all over the place, Tea's in the corner doing the robot, Craner's ballroom dancing with himself and the whole thing's accompanied by a Barty drum solo.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

luke dances like a windrush-generation jamaican bloke with cataracts and a white beard. aching, arthritic joints only allowing him a few sparing moments to pull a few brittle, silhouetted shapes while huskily cackling before returning to the plastic white seat in between the sound system speaker and barbecue grill.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

i once took a train to a town where they supposedly invented tequila. they gave away unlimited free tequila during the train ride and during the tour they gave at the tequila factory. slimy, gooey plant stuff put in ovens. a mariachi band sang for us. as a surprise they organized a dancing contest and because i was a bit drunk i had my friends persuade me. before starting we had to introduce ourself over the microphone and the guy asked me where i was from. i said holland and then a crowd of 150/200 mexicans sang that i was a son of a whore because holland had beat mexico the day before with a disputable penalty. anyway, even under these harsh conditions i managed to end up with the last 5 or so people dancing.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

i'd like to think i dance like timberlake in the video to 'rock your body', but worry it's more like a bloated, balding, overly perspiring turkish uncle under strip lighting in the echoey school PE hall rented for the evening.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

i'm picturing mr tea doing a lot of air slap bass.

Zhao claimed to be a great dancer

I say no way
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    luka
    nah, he's alergic to any kind of spaz. beats me why he likes 93 amen tearout jungle as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Leo.
    ha...back in the day I might have cracked the dissensus top 10 hoofers, but no longer. as you recall, I'm even older than you.
    Last edited by Leo; 05-09-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    The Police's first US concert.
    there's that.

flattered and honored about the mythology.

leo are you up for a ‘leo’s life story’ thread?

a zeitgeist-defining tale of growing up in a poor italian-american household in brooklyn, living in the shadow of your ordained older brother as you’re condemned to the menial life of a hardware store assistant; your only respite being new york's burgeoning disco scene.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    leo are you up for a ‘leo’s life story’ thread?

a zeitgeist-defining tale of growing up in a poor italian-american household in brooklyn, living in the shadow of your ordained older brother as you’re condemned to the menial life of a hardware store assistant; your only respite being new york's burgeoning disco scene.
    ha, I wish! aside from a few deviations, my life's story would be a boring disappointment compared to fellow dissensions who were there at the birth of hardcore, jungle, grime, etc. but thanks for asking.