lager house greatest hits

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
alright, it's not all house.

here we rehabilitate patty's favourite era outside of the nuum, the 90s.

when the bitter war between the sharons/tracies derailed by laura-claire's financial entryism, leading to a pyrrhic victory of the claire's and laura's. unfortunately our beautiful southwark bermondsey had little chance when pete tong had thrown their lot in with them. in came the cotswolds pretending to be gay. lancashire, fairly unreconstructed compared to leeds/manny/newcastle only knew how to rebel through happy hardcore or giles peterson. unfortunately it was inevitable that people would gravitate to k-klass over 20 minute norman connors epics (even though I back Norman to the death personally, but only so we can recycle him for future ruffneck jungle tearouts.)

Some cherished classics from this counter-revolutionary period:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
and of course the ultimate sin. a massive betrayal of chicago, detroit, frankfurt, berlin, cologne the hague, london leeds and all underground techno citadels. this was the first nail in the coffin. this was when laurent garnier let his bourgeois dilettantism out for all of us to see.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
mix lager house crowd with spliffhead music (there is a huge convergence) and you truly reach the darkside and have lost your souls to the demons instead of mastering it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
suck your sound because it sounds like an 8th generation leftover dj premier beat that primo wouldn't have even released it's that bad.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
a legitimate lager house classic. garage for the beer boys but non ironically. fucking belter let's av ya.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also a legitimate pete tong belter:

i'd still play this out even if the production is dated. although the original new york mixes are probably better.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I do wonder if we should separate handbag/hardbag from lager house though. one was legitimately awesome, the other was not. or do they belong in the same bucket. put it to the vote. more handbag classic though: