Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gamification

sex toys
    Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I respect islamists

Wandering around in a disused virtual-reality trout farm where components for Game Pods are now being bred from mutated amphibians, Ted confesses to Allegra: "I don't want to be here. We're stumbling around in the unformed world, not knowing what the rules are, or if there are any rules. We're under attack from forces that want to destroy us but that we don't understand". The game goddess replies: "Yeah, that's my game." Ted can only observe sarcastically, "It's a game that's going to be difficult to market." But Allegra has the last word: "It's a game everyone's already playing."

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    There's also Pokemon style use of the real world as game space.

The music streaming service Spotify may seem like an unorthodox model for Whitehall, but according to the Tony Blair Institute it offers a culture fit for a 21st century workplace.

Staff members are divided into “tribes”, larger groups of engineers and developers, which are subdivided into smaller “squads” – teams with different skills who have end-to-end responsibility for delivering updates.

There are also “chapters” and “guilds” which cut across different categories. In government, chapters and guilds could be used to bring together policy advisers, researchers, lawyers, designers and developers, while squads could be assigned specific tasks on delivering key “national missions” set by the Prime Minister, such as industrial strategy or the net zero carbon commitment.

But is it bad?

Well that's a political question and like all political questions hinges on what, if anything, we feel entitled to demand now, at this juncture in the timeline. Is it better? Is it better than we deserve? Is it an ideal? What can we, scum, reasonably demand?

Is gamification of the social world the inevitable result of letting gamers now coders become what was before known as public servants?

Also I like to see a gender analysis here. My hunch is that this gamification is very much a boys thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chava For This Useful Post:

James Brown voice - "it's a neeerrrds world"
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    There was always that strange sensation of stepping outside after hours on GTA and feeling you were still in the game space. As if you could just open the door of any car and get in.
    The recent Texas shooting was straight up GTA style:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...s-traffic-stop