Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The 2010s...

But in a nice way.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    He's having a furious, really bitter barney with subvert on the joy Division thread over min and max. Really personal and vicious
    i saw that. i asked the mods to step in as it's clearly got out of hand. they said they're monitoring it for the time being to see if it can be resolved on its own.

really upsetting and unpleasant to watch actually.

Tremendously acrimonious. One wonders if there isn't some personal background to the dispute, a history.

Tremendously acrimonious. One wonders if there isn't some personal background to the dispute, a history.
    i wrote to si asking if everything was alright and if i could help to mediate. he just replied "fuck off. not in the mood".

he's not in a good way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

For People who work a 9-5 and make enough money to get away every summer. Doing alright. Works a drag but what can you do. Vocalists are always very stage school too (look at the way she dances) which contributes to the Butlins energy. Cruise ship entertainer. Is everybody having a good time? Oh come you can do better than that, I said is everybody having a good time? There we go, that's better....

She did this follow-up with Skrillex and Diplo, both of whom loom large in the '10s

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

Default Young Thug- 2 Cups Stuffed (2013)

This date was regarded as the end-date of a 5,126-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. A New Age interpretation held that the date marked the start of a period during which Earth and its inhabitants would undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 21 December 2012 would mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggested that the date marked the end of the world or a similar catastrophe.

2013 was the year of Alkaline and 1017 Thug. The new era.

Default Migos- Versace (2013)

Though on the surface a silly novelty track, it did unleash on the world the whack-a-mole rhythmic aesthetic that'd be refined into something wonderful.

Default Young Thug- Miss You (2013)

Cuddles.

He's having a furious, really bitter barney with subvert on the joy Division thread over min and max. Really personal and vicious
    Super Sharp Shooter Subvert vs. Big Knob Bliss Blog.

Craner can you post some Calvin Harris to this thread please boss?

I've seen Calvin Harris live. A formative experience.

The 2010s were - of course - the decade of the hipster. See the threads on this very forum.

Hipsterism was well under way, and maybe at its most visceral in the 00s though. Brick Lane was 10min from where I lived. From moving there in 2003 I got to witness it slowly grow and take over. Peaking right around the end of the decade. Can't say when exactly but it went from garish neon 80s maximal to beards and lumberjack shirts and then tattoos around the end of the decade. For me hipsters are the neon ones and the bearded lumberjacks are some sort of post hipster. Way more conservative and also more accessible to the average youth.
    Took a rest stop that wasn't on the schedule

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pattycakes_ For This Useful Post:

For reference, Nathan Barley was 2005.

Pattys right. By the 2010s the signifiers of the hipster are so widespread and diffuse it ceases to have any useful meaning beyond a kind of aspirational middle class lifestyle.