Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antichrist! Dugin on Negarestani

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    The dugin essay is a good read. Not the book.
    Well the essay is pretty much rehashing what's in the book, with an added nationalist twist.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Yes but it's lucid and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Yes but it's lucid and to the point.
    Way to not get into the spirit of speculative realism.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Yet now speculative realism, Reza Negarestani and his Cyclonopedia come onto the scene, and we see a map which might as well be our own, describing how modern capitalism, progress, and technology mean the destruction of mankind, the murder of mankind, and the descent into the world of demonic, infernal forces which live off of the extraction of oil, like the blood of the Titans - Ichor, the black substance, the organism that gives birth to objects. For Negarestani, the earth is a sub-human, sub-corporeal object at the center of which is a demon. This demon strives to break out, to attack, and to seize the sun. In order to awake this demon, Negarestani says, our civilization engages in the extraction of oil and the drilling of a tunnel for this demon. Oil is the first manifestation; the second, more terrifying phenomenon is gas. The core, which Negarestani calls the flesh of a dead god, tries to be brought up to the surface. The prototypes of such were the Babylonian plague gods, which strive to enter and to devour humanity, just as humans devour a chicken from the supermarket or a salad. These plague gods, infernal powers which have been dormant for some time underground, are now emerging by means of technology to eat mankind. Just as humans devour others, so do these gods seek to live off of eating humans. They are the beneficiaries of humanity as food.

Who rules East Europe commands the Heartland;
    Who rules the Heartland commands the World-Island;
    Who rules the World-Island commands the world.

This thread has got me reading Brzezinkski's The Grand Chessboard.